Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Little Team Update

Hi Everyone! I thought I would update you on the status of our little team. With the "5 - 7 business days" having come and gone and still no word from Etsy on our team status, I sent out an email inquiry to them yesterday. I haven't heard back from them yet but will follow up with another message every other day until we hear something (can we say perseverance?!?). ;-) I know we're all anxious to get going with our team and the poor blog badges have been accumulating cyber dust, so hopefully our spirits won't wain and we can finally "officially" begin our journey together as a team!

While visiting the Etsy team pages I learned a few things which I'd like to pass on to you. First is the chat forum where we will be attending our monthly meetings. It takes a week to schedule a slot so start thinking about a day and time that might work for you and let me know in your comments so that once we're official I can schedule our first chat meeting. ;-)

The next item for thought is whether to open a team shop. If you're interested you can read more about it here. The essence is that we would all share an Etsy shop where we can post some of our creations and sell them. The advantages are that we can raise money together through team shop sales that can then be used for things like advertising if we wish to promote our team on a website such as Craftcult (previously known as Mohaba), Wickedly Chic or any other online communities. We would all share a login and password for the shop and the shop sales would be tied to one PayPal account. We would need to work out all the details to be sure it's something we would all like and feel comfortable with. One thing to keep in mind is the wealth of free promoting we can accomplish just through our own efforts such a Treasuries and blog postings so give it some thought and we can discuss it further at our first chat meeting.

That's it from me for today except to let you know that the moment I hear from Etsy, you will all be the first to know - that's a promise dear teammates!♥

6 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Original posting by Artangel: Sharon thanks for the update and your continued hard work on this - sure it won't be long now before we're "official"!
Re the team chat, it's really hard for me to say a set day I'll always be free as it depends on the week - I am on UK time though as you know so anything past 7pm is past midnight here! Sorry to be so vague! I'm quite happy to fit round everyone else as much as possible - just let me know when is convenient for you and I'll do my best to attend.
Also like the idea of a team shop - I'd be happy to contribute!

January 22, 2009 1:02 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coral Seas:

I love the idea of a team shop Sharon - I'm definitely in on that one please!!

I'm the same as Angie with regard to time as you know. Just let me know what you decide and I'll do my utmost to be there!! How exciting!

January 22, 2009 1:12 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

I am very flexible with meeting times.

Thank you sweet Sharon for keeping us informed on what is going on. Etsy must be innundated with requests for new Teams since it's taking a bit for them to get back to you. I know they are growing so that could be the case :)

We will all just have to jump up and down and pop a bevvie when we become official.

January 22, 2009 6:56 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets:

Thank you Sharon for working so hard to get us "official" with Etsy and all you do for our team. We love you!

I love the idea of a team shop! I'm in :-D

I am totally felx on any time Wed-Sat. Now that I will be working again, I won't be avail Sun-Tue.

January 22, 2009 11:51 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Debbie Egizio:

Good luck with your etsy venture! Hope they respond quickly. Have a wonderful weekend!

January 23, 2009 3:04 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs:

I echo everyone when they say how wonderful it is to have you at the helm! Aye Captain! *snort* LOL

Thanks for the update~!! We appreciate and love you :) ♥

January 25, 2009 10:31 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...