Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meet and Greet - Artangel

Hi everyone! With yesterday's success we're on to our next "Meet and Greet" with Angie of Artangel. I first came across Angie's work through her Flickr profile and it was love at first sight. Something about her paintings immediately captured my spirit and drew me in. Was it the soft colors and textures she used throughout each painting? Or the gentle graceful lines which brought each piece to life? I really wasn't sure. What I did know is that one day I would have to own one of her gorgeous works of art.

There's a sense of peace in her work, as though you're viewing a magical world through a lightly misted window. Each stroke is apparent and yet you're caught up in the entire presentation of her work. It's no surprise then that Angie's beautiful paintings have been exhibited at several UK locations nor is it a surprise that this talented UK artist had an international following.

Proudly I'm one of her collectors and find each day I am more in love with Angie's two beautiful paintings that hang on our walls. There's almost an eclectic mix to her work; from the folksy hearts collage style of "Caffe Latte Hearts" to the serene and magestic imagery of her "Buddha" painting. I have no doubt this talented artist will go far in her life and it's an honor to introduce her to our wonderful team!

9 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie of Artangel: Sharon this is lovely - thank you so much for your kind words! And I'm honored to be part of a team of such wonderful, talented artists!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Catherine of Coral Seas: Yet another fantastic write up Sharon!!

I love your work Angie!! It is indeed very peaceful and soothing and very unusual!

Catherine x

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: Sharon, you have an elegant and eloquent way of speaking what you feel and you describe Angie's work beautifully. There is a serenity and a calmness that you feel when you look at what Angie creates.

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters: Angie...your work is very beautiful. I love all the calming colors. I love "The Girl in the Red Hat"...that one is my favorite :)

Happy Thursday!
LuLu~*

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets: Another beautiful writing by the Mz. Sharon!

Angie- your work is brilliant and absolutely breath taking. The Buddha painting is so calming yet exciting at the same time!!! I love your work!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios: Sorry I'm late to this one...

I'm so glad you all enjoyed meeting Angie and her work.

You know these are a struggle for me right?? Hours of rewrites all for a couple of paragraphs. The words just don't flow for me like some of you (*waves to Sherry*) but when you write from the heart I guess it all comes out pretty well. ;-)

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie of Artangel: Thanks everyone for your kind words - am flattered to be in the company of such a great group of artists and am looking forward to getting to know everyone better!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: Sharon, you write beautifully...and sometimes, taking the time and editing and pondering over "just the right phrase" makes it all worthwhile!! ♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs: Hello Angie! ~ So nice to meet you and see your beautiful work! I love your use of color ~ everything is so soft and muted, but there is still "color". Just stunning pieces ♥ Welcome to the team Whoot!!!
OTT!!! {optional toe touch} hehee :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...