Saturday, January 17, 2009

Meet and Greet - Coral Seas

Hi Everyone! I'm a little late with this entry but now have the honor of introducing the lovely and talented Catherine of Coral Seas. Catherine is my dearest friend and the owner of two Etsy shops, Coral Seas and La Perle Jewellery. During this past summer Catherine opened her second Etsy shop, Coral Seas, to offer a more contemporary yet equally elegant selection of handmade jewelry.

I've searched for words to describe Catherine's work and yet continually fall short. Honestly, how do you describe perfection and grace. Each time I visit Catherine's shop I'm immediately taken by the beauty of her creations. She inspires me to reach beyond my comfort zone and experiment with luscious colors, textures and designs. In an instant, upon viewing her creations, you'll experience this same appreciation for her work. Notice the tiny details of swirls at the ends and the intricate wire wrappings around faceted gem stones.

Now I know Catherine doesn't take well to praises and a truer statement was never made than "we are our own worse critics". Yet the numerous magazines who've contacted Catherine to publish her work; that she's been featured on the Vintag blog; the fact that upon submitting her first photograph to Vintaj Catherine's work was added to their gallery of artists and she was immediately referred to three other magazines requesting she submit; these all speak volumes about the innate talent that lay in the hands and creative mind of this incredible artist.

The truth is I could probably write a book about Catherine, I know her so well. She's a rare gem in this world and has brought more joy to my life than she can ever begin to imagine. Always gracious and caring, she fills her jewellery creations with the same beauty and charm so evident in her character.

12 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Debbie Egizio: Wow! These are stunning pieces. Thanks for sharing these.
Have a great weekend.

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs: *the trumpet sounds: duh duh duh duh ♫
* ~Welcome Catherine!!~ As a member of the Sharon Henry fan club and religious follower of her blog, I have been a huge fan of your *incredible* work for many months now. Your designs never cease to amaze me ~ just incredible art!! And even more amazing -- you have TWO shops. lol I can't even imagine it! Its an honor for me to be part of a team with you as a member. Best wishes and hugs!! ♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets: I know of this fabulous woman, artist, and angel :-D She is absoloutely brilliant...however can be a bit sneaky sometimes ;-) Mua hahahaha!!! :-D

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Catherine of Coral Seas: Can you feel the heat radiating from my face ladies!?! Thank you for such a sparkling write up - none of its deserved but I am really rather thrilled!! (Blows kisses to Sharon!)

Ahhh, thank you Angie! You're so kind! (Blows a kiss to Angie too!)

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios: Yes, Laura, Catherine can be very sneaky in a purely lovely way of course... sending me some of your DELICIOUS cookies for all my team efforts is PRICELESS!!

Whether you know it or not, whether you accept it or not, you're an angel Catherine.♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets: What??? I have NO idea what you are talking about! Catherine?? Do you know what is she talking about??? heeheehee ;-)

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel: Catherine I've admired your work before - both of your shops are stunning - beautiful pieces and you use such glorious colours!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coral Seas: I haven't got a clue what she's talking about Laura. Must be all this hard work - it's knocked her off balance! ;) I think you need to eat more of those cookies you mentioned Sharon!!!

Sorry Laura, I didn't see your lovely comment above mine. You must think me so rude!!

Thank you Debbie and Angie too!! :)

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters: *rolling out the Red Carpet* Welcome Catherine :)

It's so nice to have you here and it's also nice to have someone to comiserate over puppy wee and poo with!

I love your jewelry and just adore the Sparkle Berries earrings. They are my favorite!

LuLu~*xoxo

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios: You see?? This is what happens... I go away for a the evening to do a little community service and what happens... I'm accused of being loopy, sheesh! Ok, off to each more cookies (oh and then sleep). ;-)

You're all just the best!♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: Catherine, your talent and you creative eye speak for themselves...and if publications are seeking you out, you know this is confirmation!!

Sharon you wrote a wonderful piece about someone whose work you admire, whose style your admire and your feelings about Catherine shine through. Well done!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios: Thank you so much Sherry, you know I appreciate your comments tremendously. I guess writing from the heart is always the best approach. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...