Monday, January 19, 2009

Meet and Greet - Esprit D'Art

Today it is my pleasure to introduce to you the lovely (and not to mention uber talented) Sherry from Esprit D'Art. Sherry is actually one of the first people I "clicked" with on Etsy and Etsy Cottage Style. She is my very dear friend that shares my love of British Comedy and she truly holds a special place in my heart.

Sherry is a mixed media and altered image artist that has a love for all things vintage, shabby chic, English and French cottage style. When I wander into Sherry's Etsy Shoppe, I always think of the words beauty, sweet, love, romantic, soft, grace and unique. Sherry creates the most lovely altered art collages on her one of a kind cards, tags and charms. Her cards are even suitable for framing which is what I am doing with the card pictured aside this paragraph that I purchased from Sherry. How wonderful will this look matted and framed? Perfect :)

I love this tiny collage Sherry created and inserted into this small frame and created a charm out of it. This would look just fabulous on a chain. What a special way to create miniature works of art to be enjoyed and worn as a necklace. The detail that Sherry puts in these tiny collages is just amazing.

Not only is Sherry a mixed media and altered image artist, she is also an extremely talented writer filled with inspiration for others. There is no way to describe her style of writing other than to say she writes from her heart with much love, grace and such eloquence.

10 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets: A beautiful post, LuLu!!! *the fans go wild in the stadim*

Sherry, you absolutely a fabulous artist! Your work is breath taking...it's like a story being told with each piece :-D

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios: Wonderful post LuLu and so beautifully written!! You managed to capture all of the fabulous qualities that make Sherry the treasure she is, thank you!

Sherry, as you already know, this team couldn't be what it is without you. You bring the grace and charm we admire so much, not only in your work but through your friendship - thank you!♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: LuLu, I'm so totally and deeply touched by this highlight of me and my work. I love what I do, I love when it flows so easily and the pieces come together. I am so honoured to be part of this very inspirational group of artists, and I must say, when you described my writing as from the heart, with much love, grace and eloquence I felt "seen". I think it was the word grace that stood out...only this morning I was asking to be blessed with grace. And then I was ♥

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters: You ARE blessed with grace my dear because that is the essence of YOU!

Much Love and Bacon Botties (or however you spell it) on a Finger Food Boofay,

LuLu~*

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters: Thank you Ladies!

~*skirt flip*~

LuLu~*xoxo

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coral Seas: This is a beautiful write up LuLu!!

I love your designs Sherry, so inspirational, artistic and unusual. I see my favourite 'Dreams' card has sold! Lucky owner!!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel: Sherry your work is lovely - so pretty and delicate - truly feminine! Your shop has such a gentle air about it!
PS Oh - and you and LuLu will have to enlighten me about this love of British comedy!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: Who knew that LuLu and I would connect so well over Britcoms..."Are You Being Served" and "Keeping Up Appearances" specifically. I think it stared over a photo of Dame Edna she posted on her blog and from there it went!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sherry Smyth: And thank you all for the lovely comments. I love that Angie thinks my shop has a "gentle air" about it -- that's what I hoped it would feel like so to hear it makes me feel like I've achieved something special!

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs: Lulu, wow! What a fabulous introduction to Sherry! Hi Sherry!! Your shop is so gorgeous ~ I agree with Angie when she spoke of the airiness of it. Its so soft and inviting! Welcome to the Team!! So lovely to meet you and your lovely art. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...