Monday, January 26, 2009

Moving Forward

Hi Everyone! It's been a little while since we had our last posting so I thought I would break the ice and give you all an update. Although I'm continuing to send messages to Etsy regarding our team status I still haven't heard back from them. I have noticed when checking the Etsy teams page that the list of teams has grown quiet a bit over the past few weeks so I imagine they have been inundated with requests.

To keep up our team spirit up I thought we could go ahead and post our badges. So below are three badges we use to post or paste on our blogs, websites, telephone polls, whatever strikes our fancy. ;-)

I also wanted to talk about our team keyword for our listings, otherwise known as a "tag" in Etsy terms. In order for others to find our shops under our team title and to help increase the benefits of promoting our shops under our team, we will need to include a team tag when listing new items. Based on the rules we need to include the word "team" along with an abbreviation of our team name. Since our name is longer than the maximum 18 characters I would like to suggest "iaeteam" for Inspiration Avenue Etsy Team. Our tag needs to be unique so including the three first letters pretty well ensures we won't be duplicating another teams tag. I also tried to keep it simple to reduce the chances for typos. We can share our thoughts about this tag by leaving a comment or if anyone thinks of an alternative we would all be comfortable using.

So here's to another update about our team and a "woohoo!" for team spirit while we paaatiently wait for our official approval.

Hope you're all having a wonderful beginning to the new week!



Our team badges:









9 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Sweets 'N Greets:

Thank you Sharon :-) I love the badges and I think the "tag" name is great! No typo on my tarp...I mean, part. HAHAHAHAHA! Aahhhh...yes. Etsy. They sure can be little buggers sometimes but then I have to remember- patience is a virtue. Um...we want our virtue now! :-D

January 26, 2009 11:32 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

Hmmm... yes, I have virtue, it's the patience that's waning. ;-)

January 26, 2009 11:52 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel:

Sharon the badges are really beautiful - thank you! Happy with the tag suggested too(now just have to try and remember to use it!)

January 27, 2009 3:32 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs:

Hi Sharon ♥ Badges look awesome! Of course...you did them! :D
Tag sounds great too; something easy to remember...I LIKE IT!! ♥
I'm so glad you are handling all of this for us. I am in constant awe of all you do. Biiiiiig Hugs!!! ♥

January 27, 2009 6:29 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs:

One more thing...and I apologize if you've already covered this: are we allowed to link back to this blog with our badges? I just assumed we would/should..but because its a "by invitation only" team, I thought I'd better make sure. LOL :P
Thanks Sharon! ~you're a legend~ :P

January 27, 2009 6:38 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

Hi everyone! What a crazy day it's been but I finally made my way over here to respond. I'm so happy everyone like the banners and the team tag. Short and sweet works best. ;-)

Yes, Ang, feel free to link back to our team blog. We already have followers who aren't team members which is really cool and if you check out the visitors map on the bottom right side of our blog you'll see we've had loads of visitors from all over so it's cool. The more visitors, the more exposure, right? ;-) If we ever want to have a private forum I can create our own Ning community like Marmalade Pink or We Love Etsy. I can do a write up about the idea to see if you're all interested. Might be a good way of getting around the availability of all of us for a monthly chat but I'm getting ahead of myself. ;-)

January 27, 2009 2:11 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

Sharon, thank you so much for making these team tags for us to use. I love them!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

p.s. I am sitting here shoving another one of Laura's chocolate covered pretzels in my mouth :)

January 27, 2009 2:28 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

Hah! and I'm still here drooling! ;-)

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Angie Kelly Designs:

I should've known...because YOU'RE AWESOME! Duh!! LOL :P Thanks for letting me know sweetness!!

Oh and Satan?...er I mean Lulu? *snort* Why oh Why for the love of all things holy, are you intent on tempting me with chocolate covered yumminess?? A pox upon you! BAH! Just kiddin love...I'm just insanely jealous. I'd clean out Laura's shop if I could...I love her choco chip cookies. Oh...MY...Gaw...are they good...
Anyway...here I go, back to my piece of lettuce. *sniff*

January 27, 2009 3:51 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...