Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our Own Community

Hi Everyone! In follow up to my comment on yesterday's posting I thought we could talk about the idea of setting up a Ning community. Ning is the company behind community sites such as Marmalade Pink and We Love Etsy, just to name a few. Through Ning I have the ability to set up a private team community where we can log in, create our own profile pages and communicate with each other.

The advantages to having a team community is that we would be able to log in at our convenience and communicate with each other about team issues. The community would be private and by invitation only so that only team members can view the pages. This would allow us to conduct team business, such as voting for new members, on a more frequent basis rather than waiting to discuss these issues once a month at a team chat. With out busy schedules and the difference in time zones I thought it would be a great way for all of us to stay involved and still fit within our busy schedules. booyah! ;-)

Let me know if this is something you're interested in having for our community by leaving a comment and we can move forward from there. Hope you're all having a wonderful week!



(and no, I'm not the pretty blond in the image... that would be LuLu) ;-)

3 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

I really like the idea of setting up a private team community. One of my concerns when we started was everyone being able to participate in our meetings. With us being global we have the time zone issues and also those that work full time jobs in addition to looking after families, etc...so Sharon, I think this is a wonderful idea and thank you so much for thinking of this! This could really be a good thing a la Mahhhhhhhtha Stewart :)

Love,
LuLu

P.S. If I only COULD be that young again as the blonde in the picture!

January 28, 2009 1:58 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coral Seas:

This is a superb idea Sharon! I couldn't agree more!

January 28, 2009 2:35 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

I'm so glad you like the idea, it's all set up and ready to go so look for your email invites and I'll see you there. ;-)

January 28, 2009 11:54 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...