Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A "little" Update

I have been scouring the Etsy Team pages and wanted to pass along a few updates...
  • I submitted our team blog to the Etsy team blog ring. This will assist us in gaining exposure through their ring and allow us the opportunity to be featured. We should be hearing back from Etsy during the first week of the next month which would be March.
  • We also have the opportunity of submitting to The Storque (Etsy) should we decide to have an event such as a sale. In preparation for such an event let me know if you're interested AND be sure that our team tag is listed on at least a few of your shop listings. The team tag can be found on the front page of our team community. If you would like more information please feel free to visit the The Storque article by clicking here.
  • The first Etsy Team monthly chat will be Wednesday, February 18th at 7pm EST. I will be making every effort to attend at they will be discussing a wide range of subjects including some of the best ways to promote teams. I'll be sure to fill you in on all I find out through the coming days by posting a followup in the forum of our team community.
  • I would like to open a team buyers account on Etsy as a way of creating Etsy minis featuring items from our member's shops. We will then be able to post the minis on our blogs or websites to promote our shops. Please feel free to let me know if you have a favorite piece you would like included in this mini as it will be based off of the account's favorites.
  • Lastly I would like to open a team Flickr photo profile. This is an important tool when submitting to The Storque as they gather photos from Flickr for these features. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Flickr photo profiles, in essence Flickr is a free online location to post, share and comment on photos from around the world but beyond that I've found it's a wonderful way to gain exposure for your work. As an example, my Flickr profile is how Belle Armoire Jewelry found me last year to request I submit for publication. I will post the log-in information on our team community so all of you can access the account to load photos of your work.
I know I've posted alot here to digest so please feel free to leave comments or questions either here or within out team community through the forum. Thanks ladies!

3 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Rocki:

Awesome news and thank you SO very much for being our inspiration in our IAE Team!

We definitely should come up with an event and yes, I would like to participate in the team buyer account. I'll let you know which item to include.

Oh yes, a team Flickr would be great! I'm all in :)

February 18, 2009 10:45 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

Great news! Count me in for everything please :) I didn't know a thing about Flickr and just started one recently so it's good to know how Belle Armoire found you through your profile.

Thank you so much for all that you are doing for us!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

February 18, 2009 1:24 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel:

Yep I'm happy with everything suggested! I love Flickr too, and I know that I have got at least one sale directly from there. Sharon, it's amazing to hear that you got such a great opportunity through Flickr! Just goes to show, you never know who's looking!

February 21, 2009 4:48 AM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...