Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Inspiration Avenue Gems


I wonder if maybe we’re all a little shy about showing off our work so I thought I’d show off someone else’s delights. I’m gradually getting around everyone buying something from them because I just love all your work!! I wish I had lots more money to spend on your beautiful creations, but there we are, that’s just how it is.


So, today, I’d like to turn the spotlight on Rocki. Rocki sells from her shop Rockis Supplies and describes her work as ‘Handcrafted Pieces of Art for Your Artistic Creations’. This describes her work perfectly. She sells such amazing handcrafted findings for all us jewellery designers to drool over. I have bought a number of Rocki’s earring wires which I have to say are THE most well made and stylish wires I have ever had the good fortune to buy. They are very strong and beautifully filed off so that they don’t hurt your ears. I just loved working with the extra long headpins she made for me and the hoops she made to my specifications were soooo beautiful!!


Rocki is constantly coming up with fresh designs and ideas. There is always something new to look at in her shop. I love her unusual and imaginative fastenings and charms she is currently making. All her items have a very organic, earthy feel to them which is definitely on trend at the moment.


Handmade earring wires, headpins, clasps etc can without a doubt give your creations that edge and style over mass produced items. For example, I am always drawn to earrings that have handcrafted wires as they stand out a mile. If you are using handcrafted lampwork beads or natural stones, handmade findings will compliment them perfectly. So, if you make jewellery I can thoroughly recommend that you buy your supplies from Rocki.

Thanks Rocki! Your talent is boundless!!

(The photos I’ve included here are some of my personal favourites)

Originally posted by: Coral Seas

4 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

What a wonderful write up Catherine!! Thank you so much! Yes, I do think it's a combo of being a bit shy and busy as well. You're a darling for taking the time to create this posting and sharing some of your favorites of Rocki's work!♥

March 3, 2009 9:19 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

I have purchased Rocki's work and the quality is top notch. What a great write up Catherine!

March 3, 2009 9:24 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Rocki:

Oh Catherine! I'm seriously in tears right now! Not streaming down my face tears (hon, grab the bucket please!) but tissue needing tears.

This was so very kind of you and I appreciate it more than you know. I'm speechless. This was a wonderful morning wake-up.

Thanks Sharon & LuLu for your sweet comments!

Much love,
Rocki

March 3, 2009 9:48 AM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel:

I don't use jewelry findings, but I can still appreciate Rocki's work as art - I love the shapes you use Rocki!

March 4, 2009 3:40 AM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...