Thursday, April 16, 2009

A New Direction

Hello to all you lovely ladies on our Team and all you wonderful followers of our Inspiration Avenue Blog :) Sweet Catherine has asked me to toot my own horn about the different direction my Etsy Shoppe has taken so here I am with a mild case of the flu, all dolled up in my "Barking All The Way" flannel Christmas jammies, box of Puffs, hot apple juice and two of the fur babies curled up at my feet ready to do a wee bit of sharing! No, I have not combed my hair so I am sporting the Billy Idol look today :)

We all love having sales from our Etsy Shoppes. Sometimes things are good and sometimes things are not so good. During the not so good times, you have to look for creative ways to bring in new prospective customers. I sell a large amount of my jewelry and specialty items off my website but my Etsy Shoppe has been EXTREMELY slow. I have been looking for more ways to bring in additional sales so after taking a digital collage class I decided to start offering Blog banners and Etsy Shoppe banners for sale. There are a tremendous amount of people that have Etsy Shoppes and that are Bloggers so I thought this might be a good way to generate some sales in my Shoppe. Not only do I have a mild case of the flu, I am currently banished to the couch for 2 more weeks and 6 days (yes, I am counting!) after tearing some ligaments and tendons behind my knee. This has been a perfect way for me to entertain myself while I am recovering and it's something I absolutely LOVE doing. I have something for almost everyone from the bizarre to the foo-foo :) Here is a little sampling of what I have created in the last week........




This was a custom banner for my sister...these are her two Labs, Oscar and Angus




An Etsy Shoppe Banner


Since I won't be doing any back flips off the chandelier in the dining room anytime soon, I will busy myself with making these fun banners!.I hope you have enjoyed seeing these and my SHAMELESS advertising :)!!!

Many thanks to Sweet Catherine for all the extra work she's doing while our lovely Sharon is recovering from her surgery!

Love,

LuLu~*xoxo

6 comments:

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coral Seas:

Awwww, thanks LuLu for your wonderful write up!!! I just love your new banners!!! So beautiful and unusual!! Maybe your poor leg has been a blessing in disguise!!!

Your sister's Oscar looks very much like my Max!! :)

~Catherine~ xox

April 16, 2009 4:43 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

Oh my goodness Catherine....Max and Oscar DO look alike, don't they?

You are more than welcome. This has just been such fun and it's helping to pass the time :)

LuLu~*xoxo

April 16, 2009 5:00 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Artangel:

LuLu I love your banners - they are fabulous!! Hope you're feeling better soon - at least your time forcibly laid up has helped produced this lovely work - every cloud as they say ...! Keep up the great work!
Angie xxx

April 16, 2009 5:50 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Coastal Sisters:

Thanks Angie!!! I am having so much fun with these :)

LuLu~*xoxo

April 18, 2009 8:13 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Mana Moon Studios:

I love your new direction LuLu it's just fabulous and so wonderful to see all your hard work paying off!

April 28, 2009 2:45 PM

Inspiration Avenue said...

Originally posted by Judith Richards Shubert:

Love your work. The banners are great. My Esty Shope Edna Alice Designs might need revamping. I'll keep you in mind. I created mine from photographs in Adobe Photoshop and really had no clue what I was doing! That's my youngest granddaughter and my niece was the bride.

April 30, 2009 11:25 PM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...