Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Facebook

With the recent addition of Etsy adding a Facebook link feature I thought this might be a good time to talk about Facebook and the advantages to maintaining a business presence on this social network.

Personally I have several profiles I use on Facebook, one is personal, one is for my business and one is for our team. I also maintain a business fan page which I have tied to my profile. The fan pages are a great way to share what's new with your shop and gain more exposure.

Facebook offers loads of add-ons and features including; the ability to share links with photos of your work or for that matter anything on the internet, a tool for adding your Etsy mini to your FB profile and Etsy groups you can follow and add comments to thereby promoting your own work and gaining exposure.

To sign up for a Facebook account you simply need a unique email address. For more than one account, such in my case, you need different email accounts for each profile.

To use the new Facebook feature on Etsy you log into your Facebook profile account and then go over to Etsy and click "Connect" next to the blue F image. Once connected you can add items from your Etsy favorites and even add a new listing to your FB account.

Facebook also offers advertising which some of our team members have used and I'm sure they'd be happy to share their experiences with you.

Here are some quick links you may find helpful:

Etsy's Blog Article about Facebook - Click here
Facebook sign up page - Click here
To add and Etsy mini to your existing Facebook account - Click here
Some Etsy groups worth joining on Facebook - Etsy Sellers, Etsy, Etsy Group,

If you need help creating a fan page on FB for your business just let me know and I'll be happy to write a short posting covering that topic as well. Also, be sure to let us know if you create a profile so we can add you to our friends - Enjoy!♥

2 comments:

artangel said...

Great post Sharon - thank you! I've always had mixed feelings about Facebook, those links are really good though - bookmarking to read through in more detail later
Angie x

Catherine said...

Thanks for this help Sharon! I don't always find FB terribly user friendly but maybe I'm just getting too old! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...