Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekly Challenge "Summer"


Well the time has come to announce our first weekly challenge. One of our team members, Laura, has decided on a word for this weeks challenge and that word is "Summer".
The challenge is for you to create something, anything, that has to do with summer, whether it be something that reminds you of summer or something that has summertime colors in it or the word summer is used in the piece. Whatever your little heart desires. Some examples might be a necklace, photo, mixed-media piece, painting, using the colors of summer, the word summer or be made with seashells, pearls, palm fronds, or whatever evokes summer to you.

This is supposed to be fun, get our creative juices flowing and help us to increase the amount of items in our shops. This challenge is open to anyone with a blog. You will need to have said project completed and a photo posted to your blog no later than Sunday, September 6th.

So off you go now. Create something fabulous and then come back here and leave a comment with a link to your blog post so we can all come see what you made. Should be fun! I know I can't wait!

Oh yea, if you want to you can link back here for all to see and share in the fun. We will have a new word/color or both posted every Monday.

12 comments:

Mana Moon Studios said...

This is wonderful Tammy and thank you so much to Laura for a great theme!! Looking forward to seeing what "Summer" inspires us to create!

Tali Schiffer said...

I hope to see some inspiring, creative "summer" items.
I am sitting this one down, but will be joining for the next one ;)

luthien said...

sweet! let me settle my 100th post giveaway first then i'll play :)

luthien said...

oh! btw ... pls come and play in my giveaway too ladies :))

artangel said...

I'll make a valiant effort but I'm not sure I'll have time to do this one :(
But either way I'm very excited to see what everyone creates!

WrightStuff said...

Well, this sounded too good to miss. However, please excuse me for cheating slightly as I was already planning a summer-inspired fish creation for another challenge (Sunday Postcard) and I sort of combined the two! Cheeky I know. Next week I shall we exclusively yours!

href"http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2009/08/weekly-challenge-summer.html"my piece here

WrightStuff said...

more practice on html methinks!
try this
http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2009/08/weekly-challenge-summer.html

Mana Moon Studios said...

Here's the correct link for WrightStuff's submission:

http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/09/mackerel-sky.html

Elise said...

Hello, I absolutely adore your site and I just had to leave a note for you to say so !

Your posts are interesting, creative and original, and your pictures are great too.

Perfection !

Thank you for sharing them all and best wishes... Happy September

Michele Lynch Art said...

Can't wait to see what you all come up with for this one!! I'm hoping to play next week with the orange theme ;o)

Coastal Sisters said...

Here is the link to my design for our SUMMER challenge :)

http://coastalsistersnews.blogspot.com/2009/09/weekly-challenge-summer.html

LuLu~*xoxo

Mana Moon Studios said...

I know it's been a busy week for everyone and so hopefully a few of you had time to participate in this fabulous challenge! I wasn't able to but I'm really looking forward to next weeks.
Hugs♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...