Monday, September 21, 2009

weekly challenge - ECO

we had a fabulous "vintage" challenge last week! congratulations to all the submissions ... truly inspiring you guys are :)



so ... on to this week's challenge ... ECO! yes ... inspiration avenue is going green this week :) according to the definition on google, eco is short for environment, ecology. when i think of eco, i think recycle, reuse and reduce. it has become more and more important to help save resources and recycle. our planet has nurtured generations upon generations of human beings ... it is time that we return this favour. but having said that, being eco friendly doesn't have to be all official and drab. it can be fun!! and that's what we're here for :) have some fun, create some art and at the same time lend a little hand to mother earth!

here are some examples of eco art to help you kick start your thinking process :)




what say you? up for the challenge? or does the word ECO have a different meaning for you? tell us your thoughts in your creations! it will be soooo cool to see creativity the ECO way. afterall, it DOES take a lot of creativity to be eco friendly, to recycle and reduce :)

this challenge is open to anyone with a blog. the cutoff time for submission is 5pm EST on sunday. all you have to do is create, write a post, leave a comment here in this post and provide us with a link to your eco creation :) and we will do the rest. a post will be written and posted on this blog after the dateline and we'll add your photo and a link back to your blog. it's also a fun way to meet new artists and be inspired by each other's creations :)

your eco creation can come in the form of anything! it can be a piece of jewelry, an image you captured, a mixed-media piece, a painting, paper art, whatever you think of.

so happy creating!!

11 comments:

Catherine said...

Thanks for the latest challenge Luthien! You've certainly got me thinking....

Mana Moon Studios said...

Wonderful posting Luthien and such a perfect description! I love the examples you showed too - thanks SO much!

Small Footprints said...

Hi Luthien! Well, you know that this challenge is right up my alley (and "Art's" too). Can I cheat just a little? I did a post in July where I featured some of our Eco-friendly art and crafting ... would it be okay if we gave you that post to meet the challenge? We're having company this week so ... we won't be creating and crafting much. Here's that post:

http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/2009/07/repurposeful-crafting.html

Most of the earrings I make are fashioned from repurposed jewelry. And "Art" uses a lot of recycled materials as canvases.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! :)

Small Footprints @ http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com
and .. "Art Ist" @ http://4oneaday.blogspot.com/

Coastal Sisters said...

I won't be able to participate this week (order overload!) but I can't wait to see what everyone does!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

luthien said...

oooo... i hope my challenge idea works in reality! UGH!!

Mana Moon Studios said...

Oh it'll be great Luthien! No worries ;-)

Michele Lynch Art said...

Okay I'm following the bread crumbs that Luthien left for me!! Hope I did this right!! Here is my blog post Luthien! http://michelelynchart.blogspot.com/2009/09/eco-inspiration-ave-challenge.html
Can't wait to see what everyone else does! xo

Magpie said...

This week's challenge caught me off guard and a bit hectic with a lot going on, but I am looking forward to seeing what everyone does for this challenge! I love Small Footprints and Michele's entries. I'll be entering future challenges!
Maggie xo

luthien said...

woohoo!! i'm done :D
http://pimpandpaint.blogspot.com/2009/09/ecobag-eco-week.html

WrightStuff said...

I'm not going to have time this week ladies - it has been a bit of a week so far!
I also have to find some time to create my Etsy shop!!

Mana Moon Studios said...

This was such a fun challenge - thanks Luthien! I finished mine early this week (*winks to Luthien*) so here's the link:
http://manamoon-studios.blogspot.com/2009/09/passage-weekly-challenge-eco.html

Can't wait to see what everyone else created!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...