Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekly Challenge

On to this week’s challenge! The word is ‘Frosty’. It’s that time of year again – cold, crisp, frosty mornings with lots of beautiful sunshine! It makes you want to get up and go for a long walk in the countryside! ‘Frosty’ could include lots of different ideas – snow crystals, ice from the freezer, a finely granulated surface on glass or even powder dusted over a cake. Anyway, I leave it to you! Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Our challenge is open to anyone with a blog and open to all artistic mediums; painting, mixed media, jewelry, etc. Simply create something new - even venture outside your comfort zone if you wish - whatever strikes your fancy and fits within this week's theme.

Submissions are due by Sunday 12:00noon EST. Simply post a photo and description of your creations on your blog and come back on this post with a link back to your post. We'll put all the fabulous creations together and show off the final entries this Sunday around 5pm.

We have a wonderful new monthly giveaway from our lovely LuLu of CoastalSisters. Please stay tuned to find out what it will be.....

18 comments:

luthien said...

Another lovely theme!!! *frosty the snowman ... da da da di da di da ... * :))

Mana Moon Studios said...

Wonderful theme for this week Catherine and perfect timing! The frost has made an appearance lately in the mornings here.
♥Sharon

Shelinwa said...

OH what fun!!! awesome theme. Love it. It will enchourage me to get up early and go out with the camera!! has been a week am having with draws.. LOL Shel

Magpie said...

We had frost this morning! I love this theme ~ lots of creative possibilities, as you suggested!

ChatElaine said...

I'm really going to try and see what I can come up with for this theme, as I love frosty mornings!! Great theme!!!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I'm so excited about finding this blog! And what a great theme!

luthien said...

hehehe!!! me done with frosty :))
http://pimpandpaint.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekly-challenge-frosty.html

Shelinwa said...

I did it I have ETSY ONLINE STORE UP AND RUNNING SO FUN. I thank all my friends at Inspiration Avenue for all the love and support they have been so encouraging for me to do this!!! Ok here we go. Over the weekend I will post more.

WrightStuff said...

I've a frosty maiden with a handful of frosted fairy dust awaiting your visit... Do pop by and say hello. She might look a bit frost but I can promise the welcome will be warm!
http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/11/ice-maiden.html

patk860 said...

well i tried to capture some frost this week but did not succeed.... oh well. i'm almost finished my frosty though. until tomorrow....

Shelinwa said...

Here is my submission
I may add a few tomorrow
HAPPY FROSTING!!!

http://shelinwa.blogspot.com/2009/11/inspiration-avenue-weekly-challenge.html

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Here's my submission, I used my color palette of frosty whites to fit the theme.
http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/2009/11/new-painting.html

patk860 said...

ok, my frosty is done! fun!
http://imagesofaphotogallery.blogspot.com/2009/11/inspiration-avenue-weekly-challenge.html

Magpie said...

I am probably the last one...

Here is my "Frosty":
http://intothemagpiesnest.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Here's my submission for "Frosty".
http://tammysprinkle.blogspot.com/2009/11/frosty-submission.html

Tammy said...

Catherine, I have been trying to send a message to all members about this coming weeks challenge. Ning is down in that dept. I am making an executive decision and going with cinnamon/rust.

luthien said...

tammy :) cinnamon/rust sounds delicious!!

Mana Moon Studios said...

Excellent Exec. decision Tammy - great job!!♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...