Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekly Challenge - "Imagine / Imagination"

"What the Imagination seizes as Beauty, must be Truth" ~ John Keats

Another week has come and gone ... time seems to fly when we're enjoying ourselves :) I've certainly enjoyed myself admiring everyone's entries for our weekly challenges each week. And it just gets better and better! As always, a new week calls for a new challenge. And this week, I have chosen the word "imagine" or if you prefer "imagination".

;) if you haven't realized it already, the word "imagine" and "imagination" indirectly means, "anything goes!" ... At least to me it does :) So let your imagination run wild ... this week's challenge is your ticket to creative freedom ... be brave, dream, fly and let your imagination take over! You can create anything in any media ... jewelry, mixed media, art, craft, photography, digital art, collage. You can even take this opportunity to try a different artform from what you are used to. Remember ... this week is all about creative freedom!

And just a gentle reminder :) anyone who enters our weekly challenge is automatically included in our monthly giveaway. This month's giveaway is this gorgeous necklace, courtesy of our lovely Catherine of Coral Seas.


Before i leave you to your imagination, here's something that might inspire you :)


16 comments:

Tammy said...

This is a great theme, Luthien. Nicely put together post. I look forward to letting my imagination run wild.
~Tammy

Magpie said...

Luthien, what a fun theme! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with since it could be absolutely anything!

I love your post, very *imaginative* ~ I had to listen to the John Lennon song, it's one of my favorites!

luthien said...

hee hee :) i'm glad you like it ladies :) i too can't wait to see what beauties our imagination will conjure up!

Yvonne said...

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2009/12/inspiration-avenue-imagine.html

LuLu Kellogg said...

Wonderful theme Luthien!! I love that song from John Lennon.

LuLu~*xoxo

Barbara Hagerty said...

What a great theme! I had to use my imagination and improvise in making my Christmas tag. You can see it HERE

Karen D said...

Thanks for all the inspiration. giving you a shout out on my blog.
http://deldino.blogspot.com/2009/12/are-you-in-creative-slump-if-so-check.html

artangel said...

This one should be interesting! Great theme! x

Chris said...

This one is going to be so much fun! Beautiful post, Luthien!

luthien said...

woohoo!! mine's ready :)) http://pimpandpaint.blogspot.com/2009/12/weekly-challenge-imagine-imagination.html

WrightStuff said...

I wrote this post while slightly inebriated so I'll probably wish I'd left it until the morning... but never mind! You get a painting and a lecture all rolled into one with this one (lecture optional!)
http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/12/imagination-roaming.html

Shelinwa said...

Hey there
Finally figured something out
Am pooped please excuse typos I can not get the darn thing to let me edit LOL Fun one looking forward to seeing all...


http://shelinwa.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-weeks-inspiration-avenue-challenge_12.html

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Hi all, I see the post has already been created with everyone's submissions- so, I hope I'm not too late with mine!
http://dragonflydegignstudios.blogspot.com/2009/12/weekly-challenge-at-inspiration-avenue_13.html

Chris said...

I know the post has already been written, but I'll add mine anyway. This was a bit of a challenge for me. Thanks to Luthien for an awesome topic!

Here's my link:
http://tinyurl.com/y9ky3qm

luthien said...

no worries ladies :) you are not late :) i'm just early :)) wanted to do this before our meeting at 11 :)) and accidentally pressed "publish"!! your entries are all in :))

priti.lisa said...

Luthien I had a lot of fun with this one :)
I hope I am not too late
http://pritistudio.blogspot.com/2009/12/imagine-peace.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...