Saturday, March 6, 2010

Item For Angel Faces Charity Auction

 
    "Dreams Scrappy Art Tote"
                                                                 
Starting bid is $15.00
Please make bids in $1.00 increments.

Welcome and thank you for stopping by. For this selection you will be bidding on a one of a kind original handmade tote created by me Charlotte Littlejohn (Charlie).
Please leave a comment with your bid and don't forget to add your email address so we can contact you if you win!
I made my original tote because I wanted something artsy to carry my art supplies in when I go on trips. I also wanted to make something that represented my style, something that combined my artwork with my other passions like my love of scrapbooking and sewing.
I create each of my totes to look like a scrapbook page. They measure 12" x 12 " like the traditional sized scrapbook paper. Fabric and scrap paper are so similar in design and can be layered in the same way. For this tote I used the painting of the little girl "Purity" that I painted a few weeks ago. She is transferred onto a fabric transfer sheet, and sewn on layers of fabric in a cute and whimsical way. This tote and most all my totes are embellished with paper flowers, buttons and ribbons, just like a scrapbook page would be decorated. I added the quote " A life without dreams is like a garden without flowers."
The back side is done in the same way. There is a pocket big enough for your cell phone or any of your treasures. The inside of the tote is lined with a nice soft pink floral and I have a heavy interfacing in between each side to give the tote some heft. I made the straps on this tote extra long, (21 inches) so it can be worn easily over the shoulder.
I will pay for the shipping for this auction.

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I'm bidding $20.00

Sparkster said...

Creativity, dreams, and my garden are all very important to me so I think this would make a wondrous tote to carry some of my stash in when wandering around. I think what you ladies are doing is wonderful and I hope you get lots of bids!

I'll bid $23.

faith, trust, and faerie dust!
~Angelique

fortheloveofcreativity at gmail dot com

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

I'll bring it up $26 :)
stephaniemcorder@yahoo.com

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Sorry, I deleted my previous comment because I gave the wrong email for my paypal!!

I'm bidding $28.

sherry.smyth@rogers.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...