Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's time for a Party!

To our dear Inspirational Friends and those we are yet to meet.

Last month we held a wonderful charity auction, selling the creations of some our members. Our wonderful friends stumped up around $500 between them for the Angel Faces charity. Below is the lovely thank you letter we received from Angel Faces -



We were so thrilled with your generosity that we are throwing a celebration in your honour - You are invited to a blog party with a difference. Why yes, of course there will be tea and cake (what's a party without either of those after all?). There may even be lashings of ginger beer and perhaps something with a touch of sparkle too... Who knows what the party will bring?



One thing we do know however is that you'll be taking away quite a goodie bag. Yes my little chickadees every visitor, every player and every participant will be given some wonderful gifts - for this is a special sharing party. No posh frocks required, for you will be getting most messy, seriously sticky and terribly tangled. Just bring yourself and your gift... your lesson.... your tip.... your tutorial.....



We thought it would be terribly good fun to roll our sleeves up and learn something new. We'd love you all to share a lesson with us - perhaps you might have a photoshop trick you can explain? Maybe you know how to transfer images successfully? How do you glue paper without leaving bubbles? Do you have a receipe that no longer needs to remain a secret? Can you tell us how to make clay beads without cracks? To bleach a photograph or make something furry and felty? You may even just like to list your favourite tutorial sites. Anything goes, just bring your special gift to the party by way of a link to your own blog post and take away a goodie bag of lessons to try out for yourself.

All you need to do is pop along to our party room here at the Avenue on the weekend of May 1st & 2nd. Leave a comment with a link to your post and visit all our other party guests.

It's going to be so much fun! If you can make it, please leave your RSVP as a comment to this post and we'll post a list of all the party-goers (as well as make sure we enough cake and fizz for all).


PS: Do spread the word as we've booked an enormous room in the Bloglandia creative studios so there's room for all. You may like to grab out badge and link back to this post.

27 comments:

luthien said...

YAY!! what a fun and wonderful post!! i'm gonna be FED, FILLED and FAT!!

thank you lisa!! you rock!!

peggy gatto said...

Now if I can just remember to check in!!
Great idea!
I have some ideas!!

Small Footprints said...

WhooHoo ~ Wonderful! I'm gonna be there ... with rings on my fingers and bells on my toes!

Can't wait!

Marlene said...

This is my first visit here and what do I find? A party, this is my kind of place. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

The Jewelry Box said...

Sweet! Count me in! This will be my first, so be gentle. :D
Now...to start thinking of what I can share. :)
Thank you!!

luthien said...

what a lovely letter from angel faces :)seeing something like that makes it feel all worth while :)

Magpie said...

Lisa, great post on the blog party! This should be fun!!

Such a nice letter from Angel Faces too!

Charlie said...

Beautiful invitation! It will be sooo much fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

Catherine said...

Please count me in too! It sounds like it'll be excellent fun.

Aussiekate said...

what a fab idea, count me in.. I will be busy baking virtual cupcakes til then!

The Lavender Daisy said...

Sounds like fun! I'll be there :)

Tammy said...

Fabulous post! I am super excited about our party. Gave it a shout out on my blog. Hope that it makes the rounds in bloglandia.
hugs to all,
Tammy

JustATish said...

This is an awesome party!! Thanks for the invite, can't wait to see all the 'goodies'!

Moriah said...

Count me in!!

Terri Gordon said...

Wow, what a wonderful party, sounds great, thank you for the invite. Have a wonderful week. Terri

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Fabulous posting Lisa, this is going to be SO much fun!

Plumrose Lane said...

What a wonderful party theme and I just adore the images you've added too!

I'll tell you my heart sang and my eyes teared when I read that letter from Angel Faces. To see my dream of a beautiful team touching the world in so many ways... well, it's just amazing to see it all come true and it wouldn't have been possible without all of you!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart♥

And yes, you can count me in for the party!
♥Sharon

ChatElaine said...

Well I've been away and now I am back its time for a party, what fun love to give it a go!!

Hands to Work, Hearts to God said...

I'd love to join the party! Thank you for the invite! Now to think of what to post ...hmmmm

IM GIRL said...

Count me in! I am always up for a party, especially one that you leave with more than you bring...new ideas, new inspirations and new friends...what can be better than that? :)

Passion For Beads said...

Sounds like so much fun. I will try to be there!

Designs by Jenean said...

Thanks for the invite sounds like fun. I'll be there with my white chai tea & oatmeal raisin cookies.

Hillcrest Cottage said...

Count me "in"

Thanks!

Sandy Michelle said...

What a great idea! I heard of it through Tammy Sprinkle's blog :) Count me in!

See you then!

Sandy xox

Mommy Tyme said...

FFun! Fun! Fun! I will be hosting on both blogs- http://mommytymegifts.blogspot.com and http://mommysreviewsyoucanuse.blogspot.com
Already announcing and tweeting!

Healing Woman said...

I have much to share. Will see everyone at the party this weekend!

IM GIRL said...

I have come to join the party. Come visit my blog and grab some party favors! www.Imgirl.blogspot.com

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...