Friday, May 28, 2010

Meet and Greet ~ Hattie Dunstan

Please join me in welcoming our newest team member,  
Hattie Dunstan!
 
Hattie is a talented jewellery designer from Ontario, Canada who is passionate about fashion. Her Etsy shop is all about her stunning handmade jewelry that will complement your fashion style, whether you are an edgy contemporary gal or more the classic, vintage, or romantic type.

You may say "jewellery" if you are like our English and Canadian friends, 
or "jewelry"  if you're plain old American, but for the sake of my fingers 
which can't type the extra letters without getting hopelessly tangled, 
I'll be calling it "jewelry" for now! My apologies!

Either way, Hattie's pieces are one-of-a-kind gorgeous,
and you must check them out! At the moment,
her favorite piece is one called
'Not that Kind of Gal', a pendant necklace made with a vintage brooch.
Very classic and eye-catching!
Hattie is constantly thinking fashion, and one of her favorite eras is the 1950s, with its return to femininity ~ all flowing skirts and tiny waists. I can see why this is one of her favorite vintage photos...
Lately Hattie has been busy contributing to a fashion show to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Here are her own words:
"I'm currently working away on the Cystic Fibrosis Fashion Show Fundraiser for the end of August! It's a lot of work, but it is going to be a lot of fun. We booked a venue this week, and we've been putting together an amazing committee of girls who are all so keen to help out and raise some money to find a cure for CF."
I hope it's a great success! 
It's a heartbreaking disease, and kudos to you for your contributions, Hattie!!


An additional website where she sells her jewelry:  http://www.gothattitude.com/

And of course, her Etsy shop:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/hdunstan

To sum it up in Hattie's own words:
"Fashion is my Passion...I like quirky habits, the man behind the camera and digging through vintage teacups. I like cakes drizzled in liqueur, the roaring 1920 flappers, and the idea of magic." 
Welcome to Inspiration Avenue, Hattie! 
We're looking forward to getting to know you 
and hope you enjoy our team!  
Hmmm...I'm intrigued by that man behind the camera...

12 comments:

Small Footprints said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome Hattie! It's so nice to "meet" you and I'm excited that you're a part of our team! I'm looking forward to getting acquainted!

Lovely write-up, Maggie! :)

Cyndi

IM GIRL said...

I just checked out your blog. Very impressive and I am following! Nice to have you here!

Kim

Chris said...

Welcome to the team, Hattie! Your work is stunning. Jewelry is a special weakness of mine, so I'm off to check out your shop!

luthien said...

hi hattie :)
welcome to the team!! so happy that you have joined us and my... your work is fantastic!

HUGS!!
luthien :)

Shelinwa said...

WELCOME TO YOUSo glad you are here
Looks like you are full of passion and I love that.
Nice write up Maggie!
Now I am off to your blog and store and other blog.
Peak in at my blog ok
Shel

artangel said...

"I like quirky habits, the man behind the camera and digging through vintage teacups. I like cakes drizzled in liqueur, the roaring 1920 flappers, and the idea of magic."

I think we'll get along Hattie! Welcome to the team :)

Robin Norgren-Well of Creations said...

Welcome Hattie! Your work is beautiful and unique. I look forward to getting to know you.

Plumrose Lane said...

Welcome to the most wonderful team in the world Hattie. Your work is beautiful and will fit perfectly with all our talented members.
♥Sharon

WrightStuff said...

Welcome Hattie. I'm off for a snif around your blog and shop :)

priti.lisa said...

Welcome Hattie, so glad you are here :) Your jewelry (plain old American here) is beautiful, and I really love the way you have photographed it!
I, too, love charity through art...
everyone wins!!!
Xo

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Welcome to the team, I KNOW you'll have so much fun with our group!

Charlie said...

Hi Hattie and welcome to the team. I've been away for awhile. I'm playing catch up. Bbut anyway you will love this team.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...