Monday, May 24, 2010

Meet and Greet - Pat McNally

I'm delighted to formally introduce you all to our newest member Pat McNally, alias Ooglebloops (is that not just the best name ever!!)

Pat is hails from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia (cue song!) and describes herself as "a country girl wannabe who got to be 2 years ago"! She is married with 2 children, Katie and Michael.

Pat is a very talented lady and creates original pieces in various media including altered art, quilting, totes, pin cushions, and polymer sculpted dolls. She loves to work with re-cycled items, and she has a particular fondness for old china.

Below is one of her own favorite pieces, "Yuli of the Forest".

I think Yuli is actually my favourite too, though the lovely "Elisabetta", with her gorgeous red hair, is a close second -
I'm sure you're wondering about the name! I'll let Pat explain -

"The name "ooglebloops" came from my uncle - he used to call me that when I was little - eons ago - he claimed that was the noise I would make, before I could talk!!! After going thru many metamorphoses in creating and thru as many names - this one came to me, and stuck! Thanks, Uncle Bob!!!"

Pat's etsy shop is Ooglebloop's Treasures - here you can find all her creative work and the occasional vintage piece.

She has two blogs -one that focuses on her arty side -Artfully Ooglebloops
and also Ooglebloop's World which focuses on her adventures in the country.

Pat has a Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/Ooglebloops and she is also on Twitter - http://twitter.com/ooglebloop.

Pat - a huge welcome hug from all the team, we're all looking forward to getting to know more about you and your work!

18 comments:

Shelinwa said...

Well may I be the first to Welcome you to our Team!!!
You will have such fun here. We are so glad to have you here.
Shel

Magpie said...

Welcome, Pat! I'm so glad you've joined our team! Can't wait to get to know you! I'm off to visit your shop and blogs....

Maggie

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Pat IS wonderfully creative and artistic!
BIG Congratulations!
oxo

ooglebloops said...

Thanks for the wonderful write-up!! I hope I can live up to it!!! I am looking forward to being inspired by all who are members!!!!

Jaime Haney aka ArtsyFartsy.Me said...

What great work!! I love the expression on Yuli's cute face. Pat looks so serious in her photo, but I know that she must have one great sense of humor to produce that kind of expression (and have 2 kids) haha... nice post.

Small Footprints said...

Welcome, Pat! I'm so happy to "meet" you and to include you in our fabulous team! Your work is wonderful ... I've been browsing around your Etsy shop and it's just great!

Hey ... we're practically neighbors ... I'm in the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC in Asheville! :)

Again ... Welcome ... so happy you're here!

Cyndi

luthien said...

hello pat :)
welcome welcome!! so glad to have you on board the team :) i LOVE the stuff you make esp your ooak dolls! i'm sure you'll really enjoy yourself with this crazy but caring group of ladies :))

and ooo ... ooglebloops :D right up my alley!!

HUGS!!
luthien :)

Robin Norgren-Well of Creations said...

ooglebloops! TOTALLY in love with the name of your business! And I agree with Jaime; I did a double take with your photo after looking at all the whimsy in you shop. I am ESPECIALLY in love with that watermelon scarf- LOVE IT! Welcome team member!

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Welcome to the team, Pat! Your work is wonderful and I know you'll have a blast being part of such a fun group of ladies!

Charlie said...

Welcome to the team Pat! It will be so much fun to get to know you. Your gonna love it here.

Chris said...

Welcome to the team, Pat. You're going to love it here!

Robin Norgren-Well of Creations said...

Thank you sharon!

ooglebloops said...

Well, guess I better get a new photo!!LOL It was a good hair day - and those are few and far between!!!
Thanks for all the welcomes and I look forward to visiting everyone's blog and shop!!

Robin Norgren-Well of Creations said...

from a curly haired girl, I truly "get" how you gotta hold onto the "good hair" photos!

ChatElaine said...

Lovely to meet you Pat, will pop in and visit your shop soon. Elaine

IM GIRL said...

Ooglebloops!..fabulous! What's not to love?

Nice to have you here!

Kim

WrightStuff said...

Your creations look such fun! Can't wait to find out more... Welcome :)

priti.lisa said...

A big, fat welcome, Pat! Your work is wonderful and I love the name:)
Xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...