Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meet & Greet - Shariyah's Studio

A warm welcome to our newest member Shariyah Garner who hails from far away from most of us across the seas in New Zealand.

I for one was thrilled to bits when Shariyah applied to be a part of our team. I've been following her blog for some time and take such inspiration from her wonderful portraits. Join me in getting lost in the meaning behind those faces - their eyes seem to swallow you up and hold you captive until you've heard their story.

Her talents don't stop there my friends... You have to see her amazing recycled jewellery featuring her artworks.



As another Frida fan, she'll no doubt get along just swell with Lisa from Priti Studios!

Shariyah's profile
Shariyah was born into a family of artists. Rather than attending fine art schools, her childhood was spent drawing and painting with her 5 sisters in the hills of Tennessee and the mountains of Montana. Shariyah has since moved to New Zealand and now resides on Waiheke Island, reknowned for its natural beauty as well as its abundance of talented artists. Here she spends most of each day painting and creating in her studio. Shariyah's work can be found in various exhibits and galleries as well as online. Her most recent work explores mixed media portraits, with a reniassance-like feel that embodies a spiritual or expressive essence.



Read and marvel at her lovely blog - http://shariyahgarner.blogspot.com/
Then shop til you drop at her Etsy store - http://www.etsy.com/shop/yiyah

11 comments:

Magpie said...

Welcome to Inspiration Avenue, Shariyah! I'm so glad you joined the team! I think you will like this warm and artistic group of ladies.

Your talent is amazing! I love your artwork!

Maggie

Shelinwa said...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME I WOULD SING A SONG TO YA BUT AM NOT GIFTED IN THA AREA LOL
So glad you joined out ream yeah I love your work
We are as Maggie says a fun group to be a part of so Glad you are here to join the fun!!!!

Shel
www.shelinwa.blogspot.com

artangel said...

Hi Shariyah and a big welcome to the team! Your work is wonderful and I'm sure you'll be right at home here :)
Angie

Small Footprints said...

Welcome, Shariyah! We're so happy to have you with us! I hope you'll enjoy this group as much as I do.

Your work is wonderful! I especially like the repurposed jewelry ... beautiful and Eco-friendly!

Take Care!

Cyndi

Tammy said...

A very warm welcome to you, Shariyah! I just love your paintings! The photo of you is so pretty. We are so happy top have you here. Sharon has spoken highly of you. I can see why.
Welcome.
hugs.
Tammy

Plumrose Lane said...

Welcome to a wonderful team, Shariyah! Your work is so beautiful and I've no doubt the surrounding country you live in must lend some inspiration to your natural talent.
♥Sharon

patk860 said...

welcome shariyah! so glad you're part of our team. love your work!

luthien said...

wow!!! welcome shariyah!! your work is simply stunning!! i'm so glad you are able to join us here at IA ... i'm quite sure you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself!!

HUGS!!
luthien :)

Tammie said...

How lovely to find a wonderful post on Shariyah. I have been friends with her mother Abigail for over thirty years. Indeed Shariyah is endlessly talented as is each member of her wonderful family! Such a lovely post honoring her. Thank you!

Chris said...

Welcome to the team, Shariyah! We are so happy to have you here. Your work is stunning.

Shariyah said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet words, and warm welcome! I am reading this for the first time now, as my husband and I have recently moved, and since joining this wonderful group I am only now back online, so sorry for being 'inactive' since my joining! I am so looking forward to meeting all of you wonderfully creative people, and excited to be a part of such a wonderful group! Thank you for including me in your fun! :) Peace & Love

Shariyah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...