Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekly Challenge - "Uncalled For"

Happy Monday to All!
Before I reveal what may be the best challenge yet...

I want to ask everyone to stop for a moment
and think a loving thought for our Charlie.
She and her Mother could use a prayer.

Ok. I don't have a good segway for this
so here goes...
This week's artistic challenge is:

Uncalled for

I know. Sounds weird.
But it's a word (or phrase)
I have been applying to a lot of instances lately.

Thinking about it artfully, though, is fun!

Do we really really need glitter?



Sometimes glittery sparkle hits the spot :)

Or what about behavior?

What is appropiate? What is Uncalled for?
And who makes these judgements?

Is this Uncalled for ?



to some, I imagine.

No one can disagree
that this
is uncalled for


Certainly
uncalled for.

So, you see, Uncalled for
is many things
Sometimes it is sparkle.
Sometimes it is injustice.
Sometimes it is another glass of wine.
Sometimes it is a smile to a stranger.


Always
there is a way of conveying feelings by art.

So, take a breath, think, imagine
What does Uncalled for mean to you?

Are you up for this challenge?
You might be blessed with this gift from Lisa with All the Wright Stuff

Five postcards of original art...WOW!

I hope I have not offended anyone...
I just wish to provoke feeling...
and inspire!

I can't wait to see what happens.

Valentine paper cutout
LOVE TO YOU ALL

PS: after reviewing this post,
I find glitter to be totally unoffensive.
And war tottally unnecessary.





Thank you all, kind friends, for your comments. I wanted to do a challenge that would make you really reach inside to examine yourself and your beliefs...I also think you could take it a different way. The more mild word 'unnecessary' might be interpreted as the straw that broke the camel's back. One too many ornaments on the tree. Or any number of things.
You know, like maybe
a fart in church ;D


I hope this helped clarify.
Don't stress, dear ones...just create art with your feelings.





24 comments:

luthien said...

oh gosh !! what a powerful theme! this is really different ... and i can't wait to see what creations come out of it!

Small Footprints said...

Wowee, Lisa ~ this is a wonderful (and thought provoking) challenge. Throughout time, art has been used to raise social awareness ... so I wonder if it was uncalled for, unnecessary or just plain sad. This challenge gives me a lot to think about! :)

Plumrose Lane said...

Personally I find you totally inspiring.
Moving post... wonderful theme!
♥Sharon

Shelinwa said...

Me to omg something I have a vision.
Love it that you stepped out and did this. Not all challenges need to be fuzzy and feel good right!!!

Magpie said...

There's all manner of uncalled for things in the world. Some inconsequential...some we'd rather not think about because they're so distressing. But how else can you help to rid the world of uncalled for things than by acknowledging them? Art has always been used to help make people aware, as Cyndi said. A very profound theme. Can't wait to see the outcome!

The Diabetic Cookbook said...

Blown away is all I can say. So powerful, and we do have ways to mask the realties of war and poverty. glitter what a good way of putting it.

For some reason blogger reverts to my blogger id instead of my google but its me Linda

artangel said...

An emotional, inspiring and thought-provoking post Lisa - this is one that will generate a lot of deep thought I think!

Bitzi said...

I tend to avoid 'issues' but maybe this addresses the challenge Uncalled For in a lighter vein.
Bitzi
bitzidoodles@hotmail.com

Judy Goddard said...

♪♪"Get out of here with that *** and don't come back again!"♩

So, which is more important. having a created something that fits the theme, or not participating because I can't imagine what to create to fit the catagory?

And, does what I create for the challenge have to be something to sell? Can what I post, like last week, not be my own but speak creatively to the way I view the world?

I really want to know what you think.

priti.lisa said...

Thank you all, kind friends. I wanted to do a challenge that would make you really reach inside to examine yourself and your beliefs...I also think you could take it a different way. The more mild word 'unnecessary' might be interpreted as the straw that broke the camel's back. One too many ornaments on the tree. Or any number of things.
I hope this helped clarify, Judy.
I know you can find some way to connect art with any feeling this challenge evokes :)

Don't stress...just go with your feelings...Peace and Love

Grannie Annie said...

I'm glad you asked...great theme:

http://thewhimseyasylum.blogspot.com/

Clueless_Mama said...

That is a good question. I will really think about what it means to me. The picture of the little one was heartbreaking.

Stephanie Mealor Corder said...

Wow, Lisa- what an icredibly thought provoking challenge! All I can say is WOW.....

artyventure said...

I think it's good to provoke sometimes... Here's my entry: http://artyventure.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/another-soot-atc/

helena said...

great provocation but in the end I went with a fun, and I hope unexpected, responce to the prompt

http://helenascreativemaven.blogspot.com/2010/09/well-that-was-uncalled-for.html

helena

Kiki said...

Hi Lisa..sounds like an intriguing series. I look forward to seeing what creative sparks will fly from this one. I hope to have something up in time.. till then see y'all!
Happy Creating
Victoria~

IM GIRL said...

wow, the baby picture really freaked me out...I lean more toward the warm and fuzzy...love the theme and the possibilities are absolutely endless
on this one!

Judy,
You answered your own question..I would love to hear what you think, so you go girl!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's Friday and the day I have chosen to dedicate to this weekly challenge. I wanted to thank Lisa for this really different challenge theme that made me think really hard. Sadly, unlike some who chose to go light, I touched on a theme I'm really passionate about. BTW, that baby photo had me looking and shuddering. Here is my entry:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspiration-avenue-weekly-challenge.html

Robin Norgren said...

here's my take:

http://wellofcreations.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspiration-avenue-weekly-challenge.html

I will be around later to check everyone out!

Yvonne said...

This was a really thought provoking theme. Couldn't decide whether to do wild and wacky or serious. I choose serious. Thanks for the challenge :)

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2010/10/join-fight-atc.html

gemma said...

My Uncalled for is at.
http://gemmasjournal.blogspot.com/2010/10/uncalled-for.html
:-)

Felicia Kramer said...

Had to think about this one for a minute. Here's mine:
http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspiration-avenue-uncalled-for.html

LKay said...

This weeks challenge has really touched me. Please take a minute to visit my blog to read the story behind my post.

http://lkaynana.blogspot.com/2010/10/inspiration-avenue-weekly-challenge.html

Our community "WILL NEVER FORGET"
Blessings, Loretta

EVA said...

What kept coming to my mind was a quote on a beautiful prayer rug I saw hanging in someone's house once.

"Called for or uncalled for, God is watching."

I've seen seen this attributed to Jung as Bidden or unbidden God is watching.

It is a saying that has stuck with me - but how to create something with that in mind was a bigger challenge than I could meet this week!

Looking forward to the wrap-up with images!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...