Sunday, December 4, 2011

English Literature results

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a woman in possession of a good idea for a challenge must be able to produce something herself...

Except I didn't... For the first time as hostess I have failed miserably at taking part which is a very sorry state of affairs.

You, however - yes you there reading this. You let Dickens and Gaskell, Hardy and Shakespeare be your Muse. You created what I could not and so I applaud you and present your masterpieces!

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes A pair of star-cross'd lovers take their life...
...For never was a story of more woe Then this of Juliet and her Romeo.


Miss Potter and Nutkin


Edgar Alan Poe


A scene from North & South where Mr Thornton shows his depth of character

English Literature book cover



How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Sonnet 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning


Please Sir... Can I have some more?


A celebration of English gothic novels



Waiting for Mr Darcy under the mistletoe...

 
 
 
Edgar Alan Poe and his ravens
 

M R James and the warning to the curious!


Miss Havisham fading away...


A Midsummer Night's Dream with our little friend Puck!

5 comments:

Luthien said...

LOL!! thought it was Saturday!! ARGHHH!! and thought i had 22 more hours before deadline!! i was too late!!!

but the entries were amazing!!! :)

IM GIRL said...

I am late as well..ugh!
Here is mine!

http://enterimgirl.blogspot.com/2011/12/english-literature.html

Luthien said...

hahaha!! i'm not alone ... i should leave my entry here too ... http://www.alteredalchemy.com/2011/12/to-women-of-english-literature.html

:) Happy Sunday!!

peggy gatto said...

What a grand selection!!!
I think I enjoy this part the best when I can see them all!!!

Netty said...

Terrific selection of work, x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...