Monday, January 30, 2012

Our First Co-Host Challenge Elizabeth and Shelly bring you "Rocking Horses"


Have you seen the box at the top of the left side of this page? I am honored to be the first co-host with Shelly of Pics by Shel of this new program. What an honor when I got to choose the theme for this week’s challenge.

 
What better challenge (for me, at least), than rocking horses. After all, I am an avid collector of them. As some of you know, I have a bit over 450. They come in every shape, size, material, and texture.  which is my image.
 
 
                               Source
          You don't have to look far to find a rocking horse image.
 
 Your child's coloring book may provide everything you need for this challenge.
 
     Do your tastes go to vintage?  If so, you might prefer an old postcard
 
   
Perhaps you prefer digital.


 
    Would a rocking horse mirror be your inspiration?
 
 
                                       Or maybe scrapbook paper is more to your liking.


Rocking horses come in all shapes and sizes, like this zebra  

Or this unicorn one

Of course, maybe a plush Panda is more to your liking

                        Source
                                 Some of you may even want to bake your rocking horse
 

Of course, you could always appeal to the man in your life with a motorcycle rocker
And of course, we can't forget those of you who are inspired by pencil drawings and humor.
 
 
Whether you work with paint, paper, pen, pencil, ink, clay, beads, wood, fabric, or plushies, Shel and I, Elizabeth, hope this challenge will inspire you to Rock along with us this week.

As always, whether you are new, or play along every week, please add your submission no later than Sunday 12 Noon EST. You do not need to have an Etsy shop to join this challenge. All you need is a blog, a relevant blog entry and a link back to this specific IA challenge entry, not just your blog. Shel and I thank you again for playing along, and I thank the entire IA team in advance for the opportunity to co-host this week.


Also do not forget
We choose one piece every week to feature
Here!!
Maybe this week it will be YOU!!

26 comments:

Magpie said...

You ladies both ROCK!! (so sorry, I just had to :)

Elizabeth, thanks so much for being the guinea pig and taking the first guest challenge with Shel, who is also fearless!

I can see this has been a brilliant idea...love love love your post AND the theme. I adore rocking horses, and even have a few, but I never would have thought of it as a theme. All of your examples are wonderful...I am crazy about that zebra though!!

I can't wait to see what creations we will have in our gallery!

priti.lisa said...

What a great collaboration girls!
I just knew Elizabeth would choose rocking horse for her theme...just call me psycho, lol.
♥♥♥

Tammy said...

How fun! I love the zebra rocking!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hey there Maggie, Lisa, and Tammy. The pleasure is all mine. I can't wait to visit everyone who joins this challenge, too.

And Lisa, I think that's psychic not psycho, even though it came from your brain (grin).

peggy gatto said...

Wow, wow, wow, I love the samples. A very original and fun challenge!!!!
I went with my first thought ....
"rockin"!
http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiration-ave-rocking-horse.html
thanks for letting me play!

Crystal said...

Love all these rocking horses! :-)

Grannie Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grannie Annie said...

I agree with Magpie another great and original challenge...Bravo

http://thewhimseyasylum.blogspot.com/

IMGIRL said...

Don't anyone faint..I actually have my entry ready... a first for me!

http://enterimgirl.blogspot.com/2012/01/rocking-horses.html

Love the challenge!

Claire said...

i LOVE that motor bike rocker - i want one! as i did a proper rocking horse as a child *sigh*
i'll have to ponder this week's challenge...
and congrats Elizabeth for being the first co-host! :)

WrightStuff said...

What a wonderful idea! I hope I'll have time to join in this week :)

Yvonne said...

Here is my entry.

http://artic-blonde-creations.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspiration-avenue-rocking-horse.html

Kat W said...

Here's my child friendly/like attempt:

http://wrightstory.blogspot.com/2012/02/rocking-horse-bubble-blowing-happiness.html

Kat :-) Xx

New End Studio said...

Have a peek:

http://newendstudio.blogspot.com/2012/02/rocking-horse-girl-29faces-and-ia.html

Bella~Rose said...

my entry.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's Friday, so here is my entry:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/02/inspiration-avenue-rocking-horses.html

Thanks for looking and thanks to all IA team members for all you do for this art community.

see you there! said...

Congrats on co-hosting Elizabeth. Enjoyed the challenge. My rocking horse is upon my blog today.

http://fromseatomountains.blogspot.com/

Darla

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This was so much fun! Thank you Elizabeth & Shelly!

http://craftymoosecrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/ia-challenge-rocking-horses.html

Off to see the other entries!

PetraB said...

It had to be a photo session ... thank you to Elizabeth and Shelly for the fun challenge and co-hosting the challenge.

craftydvl said...

This is tons of fun, thank you so much! Loved the samples and was inspired by the scrap paper one (-: Thanks for letting us have the chance to play and be inspired, as always. Here is my link:
http://craftydvl.blogspot.com/2012/02/inspiration-avenue-rocking-horse.html

Catharine said...

Really enjoyed the challenge here is my link.
Thanks :)

Michelle V. Alkerton said...

This challenge was a bit tough. I prefer real to rocking horses, but came up with in the spirits as a workaround. lol
Stay inspired!

kirstin mcculloch said...

Great challenge - lots of reminiscing for me this week!

Here is my piece:
http://kirstinmcculloch.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/rocking-horse-inspiration-avenue.html

Cheers,
Kirst

Shelinwa said...

Here is mine:
Shel


http://shelinwa.blogspot.com/2012/02/rocking-horses-challenge-at-inspiration.html

Shelinwa said...

Quick Note: i am on Pacific time Zone and work today SOO wil be posting around 10"00 a.m. pac time gives ya a little extra time.

Isaac B.Hilton said...

Wow! Thank you! I continuously wanted to write on my site something like that. Can I implement a portion of your post to my site?
Enamel Bread Box

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...