Monday, April 16, 2012

Inspired by Words - IA Team Challenge



Hi! I'm Diane & I want to welcome you to Inspiration Avenues Weekly Challenge.

April is National Poetry Month and in honor of that I thought it would be fitting to have our challenge revolve around poetry, but also include other forms of the written word,  a favorite quote, or novel, or perhaps merely a special word.
What inspires you, and how does it make you feel? Pour out those feelings artistically! Whether in oils, collage, watercolor, mixed media, photography, digital art... anything goes, just express it!

Here are some examples of "Art Inspired by Words" that I found browsing Etsy.

This mixed media collage with charcoal was created by Laura Prill  called  "Bare Ruined Choirs",  it is inspired by Shakespeare's bittersweet masterpiece:

"....Bare ruined choirs where late the sweet birds sang.
In me thou seest the twilight of such day...
"This thou perceiv'st which makes thy love more strong,
To love that well which thou must leave ere long."


Sarah of Celio Designs,  made this sketchbook which was Inspired by the poetry of Lord Byron "She Walks in Beauty..."

"Ode to Simplicity" is a beautiful fine art photograph by Alice W.   It truly is lovely in it's simplicity with the poem  by William Collins.

One of a kind mixed media original art inspired by the lyrics of Johnny Cash, "Because your mine, I walk the line".  Created by Sherry Williamson of Meow Bark Art.


Erin Leigh of  Art by Erin Leigh, created this colorful mixed media piece inspired by one of her favorite Scripture verses, John 15:4  "Abide in Me & I will abide in you".

This letterpress art print by Jim Cokas, of Jim Cokas Art & Design, perfectly enhances the mood of the poem "Virga" by Kay Ryan!

This last example is a mixed media piece that I created with one of my favorite art quotes..
"The moment one gives attention to anything, Even A Blade Of Grass, it becomes a mysterious awesome indescribably magnificent world in itself." ~ Henry Miller


I hope these pieces help get your creative juices flowing and that you'll join in on our "Inspired By Words" challenge!
Have fun & let your imagination take flight! :)
The simple rules can be found right here, and please remember the contest ends SUNDAY April 22, NOON (Eastern Time). And when you post, please let us know what was your inspiration!

See you later!












Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

18 comments:

Titbelsoeur toute seule said...

thanks for this challenge ! my page is about a book I read.
have a great week !

Jennifer McLean said...

OOh, it feels so good to get artwork in early! Yippee!!
Lovely post and great challenge, LOVED it.
You rock, girl!

Kathy said...

As an English teacher, words are a major source of inspiration for me!

Magpie said...

Wonderful post, Diane! I love every one of your inspiration photos! Text incorporated into art pieces adds a special dimension. Great challenge theme!

Nancy McCarroll - Arts, Crafts and Favorites said...

Fun challenge! I will be working on this today.

peggy gatto said...

I love writing haikus. I chose 1 I did for a blog challenge last month.
Having a little trouble with linky but will try again later!

sbpoet said...

I've been doing the poem-a-day exercise for NaPoWriMo. This is one of them.

sbpoet said...

I've been doing the poem-a-day exercise for NaPoWriMo. This is one of them.

Grannie Annie said...

So much fun I got carried away...

http://thewhimseyasylum.blogspot.com/

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, Diane! I even finished early this week!

New End Studio said...

Could I narrow it down to one? Thanks for the challenge.

Anne said...

Great inspiration! <3

see you there! said...

So many words to choose from, my post went up today.

Darla

Claire said...

well, i had to join in this week! i'm such a poetry geek :)
a really brilliant challenge!!!

Terrie Purkey said...

Even though I'm not a poetry lover, I AM a lover of words - great theme!

Lou Anne said...

I loved doing this challenge. My only problem was limiting myself to one image because of time. Thanks for a great topic.

kirstin mcculloch said...

Great challenge this week. I have a huge collection of words that I will us to inspire me when I am blocked!

Diane ~ said...

thank you for all your encouraging words about this challenge! YOU made my first challenge FUN! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...