Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Postcard Swap is Here!

Signups for the May 2012 Postcard Swap are closed.
Below are the details for everyone who signed up.

For anyone who didn't join us this time, 
check back this summer for the next postcard swap!!


Our First Postcard Swap!

We believe there is just not enough Good Stuff 
 in the mail these days, so we're doing something about it!



Introducing Inspiration Avenue's

Do your part to keep
Good Stuff 
coming in the mail!


more Good Stuff :)


Here's how to join:

Sign ups start now and will be open until midnight 
(eastern daylight time ~ consult our clocks in the sidebar), April 29, 2012.
Leave a comment on this post to say Yes! I'm interested!
Then send your snail mail address to 
(Sending your info to this email address instead of posting it in the 
comment section will ensure that spammers will NOT see your address. 
And, we at IA will NEVER, EVER use your address 
for anything but this postcard swap.)

Start creating 5 postcards as soon as you can! 


Soon after April 30, you will receive 5
names and addresses of the recipients of your postcards. 
This will be emailed to you at the address you emailed us from.

Then, create your postcards, if you haven't already started :).


Pull out your art supplies

ephemera

your goodies stash

bits and pieces
you've been saving to recycle into art, 
and turn it all into 5 postcards that you'd love to mail to someone special.
 They can be paintings, drawings, collages, mixed media, anything 
 creative. Just remember, you will be mailing them, so design accordingly.

Remember that we are a global community
so you may be sending a postcard or two overseas.


Postcards must be finished and in the mail by June 1, 2012.


Our very tiny list of Requirements:
  1. The size of each card should be 4 x 6 inches. Make 5 cards.

  2. Each piece, since it will be original art, should be posted
    in an envelope or package of some kind in order
    to protect the piece.

  3. This one's optional, but we'd love to see the back designed
    like a real postcard. There are lots of images (copyright free)
    of vintage postcards that you can print and use.
    You may have to enlarge them a bit to make them 4 x 6.
    You know, something like this:
In fact, you can click and copy this one. 
Or make up your own! Get creative! 
You can even include a message on the back :)


 Other than that, the sky's the limit!

We will do all the hocus pocus necessary to match your address
with 5 others so that everyone sends and receives 5 postcards.

Just be sure to follow through if you join, 
because it's a real live person who will not receive a card 
if you sign up and then don't participate. Boo Hoo  :-(


Sound like fun? We all think so, and can't wait to get started!


As always, click the sample postcards above to visit 
some Etsy sellers who have wonderful postcards in their shops! 

The regular weekly challenge will return next week!

38 comments:

Tamarai said...

YES! I am interested!

Claire said...

hi, i sent my details to the email over the weekend - did you get them ok??
and have started - 1 down, 4 to go...
i just love getting 'real' mail :)

enelya said...

Yay, I am in. I love nice mail

Magpie said...

Hi!! Yes...Claire, Tamarai, and Enelya...we have received your sign-up emails! (and 8 others so far :D)

Thank you so much for playing!

SusanLotus said...

I hope you received my signup-mail as well! :)
Kind regards
Susan

Magpie said...

Yes, Susan, we have!! Thank you for playing "D

Nora CG said...

Can anyone participate? if so, I would love to do it!!
Sounds very exciting!!!

Magpie said...

Hi Nora,

Yes! Yes! The swap is open to EVERYONE who wants to join! I hope you will sign up! Just send your name and address to the email address in the post.

Maggie

Tammy said...

Count me in. I love mail art!

peggy gatto said...

I am ready!

Evil Edna said...

I am in with a methopically splash!EE

craftydvl said...

So cool, going to email you my details right now! This sounds so fun, yay (-:

Rachel K said...

Count me in. I'm going to start creating first thing tomorrow.

Jennifer McLean said...

WooHoo, I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!

That Girl! said...

ooo... how fun! I'm in! Who doesn't want something other than bills and junk mail?... original art via mail! love it!

2_travelers said...

Very cool. I am in,

2_travelers said...

Very Cool, I am in

priti.lisa said...

Great idea! Beautifully executed! And the post is so well written, Maggie, I am sure you will have a great turn out. And an exciting trip to the mailbox. Brava, girlfriends!

gma said...

I am interested in doing this.
yay!

gma said...

I am interested in doing this.
yay!

Terrie Purkey said...

I'm in; I love handmade postcards!

craftattack said...

Read about this on Terrie Purkey's blog, and would love to join in! Valerie

kirstin mcculloch said...

I love this idea - I am definitely in! Sending my deets now

Frances Traina said...

I'm interested too!
Thank you Terrie for clueing me in. I'll send my email now:)

iamrushmore said...

count me in!

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

Sign me up! Sounds like great fun!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This will be my first time making postcards! I'm emailing my info--thanks!

ProudTejana said...

sounds like fun, i'm in!

queenb2u said...

Yes, I'm interested. Love postcard swaps.

Jenny's Heart said...

Yes, I am interested! I love doing postcard swaps...well all swaos really :)

Lou Anne said...

Yes I'm interested.

Shelinwa said...

sweet count me in!!! will email my address to your address right now!!!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

I could do with some Happy Mail!! So would love to join in with your postcard swap..will send my address and start creating right away!
Jan x

WrightStuff said...

I'm in :)

Shelinwa said...

Awesome everyone this is going to be awesome please make sure you email your addy to our swap email by Sunday night if you have not already.
~Shel

LiLa O said...

Yes, please!

Miss Robyn said...

is it too late? I have been away from blogging and just found this on Gemmas page. would love to join if not too late! can you let me know? ta x

Lorinda @ Everyday Endeavours said...

Postcards are done and ready to be sent! Thanks so much for the fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...