Monday, June 18, 2012

Off to see the world
On Holiday
Link
 
When holiday time (or vacation time as we say here in the U.S.)
rolls around, how do you generally spend your time?

Do you travel, or do you take the time to relax and rejuvenate at home?

Where in the world (or out of it!) would you spend a "virtual" vacation?
(After all, money's no object if you're traveling in the virtual world.)

Create something that tells us about your ideal holiday.


Getting back to nature?
Embroidered Hoop Art from ThreeRedApples


 Don't get lost!
Giant Vintage World Map from MyBeardedPigeon


The scenery's the thing . . .
Joshua Tree National Park, Mojave Desert, California from 9thCycleStudios


Gotta have some souvenirs!
Vintage Australian Souvenir Cushion from BrownStreetBespoke


The "stay-cation" could be my favorite kind ~
Sun Tea and Summer Reading from Carapace
 
What's better than a good book and a creamsicle in your own backyard?



Whatever your vacation fantasy, I hope you will derive some 
inspiration from these examples! 
(Click the captions to visit the talented Etsians who created the art above.)

A few more. . .

Do you love to soak up the history of some ancient places?
 
Or spend time with family and friends 
you are normally separated from?


I'm sure you all will come up with some ideas I haven't even thought of,
since you do every week! If you haven't played with us before,
guidelines are in the sidebar...it's very simple, actually.
Get creative in your chosen medium...be your artistic self!

Leave your link with Mr. Linky and
meet back here on Sunday, June 24 to see the Holiday gallery.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

12 comments:

Lou Anne said...

What a fun challenge! You had my attention with Joshua Tree but totally swept me away with the creamsicle.

Magpie said...

Lou Anne, the Joshua Tree photo really grabbed me as soon as I saw it. We didn't make it there this time, but I've been there before. Was sorry to miss it this time, since no one in my family but me has ever been there.

(Agree about the creamsicle lol :)

izzy said...

Wow! we want to camp again it has been a while! every winter I want your top picture-go where it is warm!
have to think about it- Thanks.

Lou Anne said...

I've posted my fantasy vacation. I sure hope they have creamsicles in Bora Bora.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This was a fun entry for me to make. Hope you enjoy it. Blessings!

Tekeros said...

Qlxchange Ha detto: interessante

peggy gatto said...

i remember the train rides from San Francisco to visit my cousin in Los Angeles!
What an adventure!!!

Chris said...

Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Tamarai said...

OK - mine's up.

see you there! said...

My vacation post is up. This challenge made me think of family vacations long ago.

Darla

Lynn Holland said...

Doodly birds hit Cumbria

Mali L said...

Hi!! What a fun thing with these weekly challenges, I'm totally in! But my link is not from my google account, but I had to make the comment with blogger so my blog address is: artbymali.wordpress.com NOT my blogger blog, cause I don't update that anymore :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...