Monday, July 16, 2012

Je t'adore Paris, City of Love

Bonjour mes amis


weheartit.com


I have just returned from a wonderful holiday in Paris.  You can read about some of my adventures on my personal blogs.  And I have returned with a wonderful sense of renewal and inspiration and am in love with the idea of  love, all over again!

And I invite you to share your love and as inspiration we will use Paris and all things Parisien.

So first of all, I will share with you all the things I love about Paris.


Having your coffee served in the most beautiful bowls rather than cups!
and having hot chocolate with a croissant to dunk for breakfast




I just love all the beautiful gardens,
the intricate mazes,
the beautiful statues of gods and goddesses
and other mythical creatures everywhere



I love the incredible fragrance of lavender everywhere





I love the incredible works of art, both ancient and modern




I love their sense of the sacred




I love the fairytale castle-like architecture and it conjures such a 
wonderful sense of
anything is possible through love




I love the shopping in Paris.  It has the world's biggest
departmental store, Galleries Lafayette which stretches across a few buildings
and street blocks.
The building of Printemps looks like a cathedral with amazing
golden domes and spires!






and of course, others also feel inspired by the aura of love which is Paris.



There are several bridges in Paris where lovers, friends or families hook little locks on bridges to symbolize their eternal love. In Paris, this bridge is right behind Notre Dame Cathedral, on Pont de l'Archevêché.
An example of one of the locks on the bridge
Lovers write their names on the locks, hook to the bridge, and throw the key in the Seine. There are currently over 2,000 locks on the Pont de l'Archevêché.
I hope that this small sharing of Paris and its expression of love, inspires you as much as it did me and that you will join with us this week in our creative challenge.
Share with us what inspires you in your language of love.

with love



10 comments:

Diane ~ said...

Oh Hettienne, i LOVE this! I LOVE all the inspiring photos and descriptions of Paris you shared with us! It is almost like we were there with you! You have inspired me!

Hettienne said...

Thank you Diane! It is such a gift to be able to share anything with others especially the good stuff of life!

Kathy said...

Je t'adore this challenge! My new little Parisian flower girl fits right in.

Shelinwa said...

WOW Hetts this is great WOW I feel like me and my cup of coffee have been to Paris and back!!! Great challenge!!

Terry said...

Love those locks - how cool is that. Great photos.

peggy gatto said...

You showed the best of paris!!!
Welcome home!

Crafting With Blue said...

great challenge and photos. thanks for letting me enter.

Lou Anne said...

I loved the tidbits Hettienne shared about Paris! I had some fun playing with French ephemera.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for taking me back to Paris. Last trip I finally made it up the Eiffel Tower--what a view! Great challenge.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Paris is in my list of places to visit before I die. After all, I am part French I'm my dad's side of the family. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...