Monday, August 13, 2012

Fairies

Hello everyone!  It's Lou Anne again, the misplaced mermaid.  
I'm so excited to share our challenge for this week.  
It's full of magic, whimsy, and wishes come true!
This week, it's all about Fairies.  


 There are many types of fairies and some are quite common.  Pixies, for example, come to us in human form.  They're quite small, only about six inches tall, with delicate wings so they can fly about.  You might remember Tinkerbell, Peter Pan's friend.  Pixies sip nectar from flowers and they love to laugh.



Brownies are their more petite cousins.  These good-natured little beings are only four and a half inches tall.  They usually wear brown clothing and are very intelligent.  Brownies are nocturnal but they haven't any wings.



Trooping fairies are about the same size as pixies but they are also wingless.  They live near the forest and travel together in long processions.




Elves, fauns, gnomes, hobgoblins, and leprechauns are also considered fairy folk.  You can learn about the more common fairies at the link below.


http://www.realfairies.net/common-types-of-fairies.html


 In the early 1900's, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
wrote about two young girls who had captured proof of fairies on film.  The Cottingley Fairies were extremely popular in their time. The story was retold in a film entitled, "Fairy Tale:  A True Story" in 1997.







 I have one more little secret.  There is a type of fairy that I consider extra-special.  Can you guess which ones I'm referring to?  Of course, it's Mermaids.  Well, to be politically correct, I suppose I should call them "Merpeople."

All of your friends here at Inspiration Avenue hope you'll join in on the fun this week.  
Frolic with the fairie folk and share your work below using Mr. Linky.
We can't wait to see what you create!

6 comments:

IMGIRL said...

I could not miss this challenge on Fairies! I actually had already started this journal, so I just tweaked it for Fairies.

Thanks Lou Anne for a great post and challenge this week.

peggy gatto said...

I always love the inspiration pictures!
Thanks!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This was a fun challenge. Blessings!

Catharine said...

This was the perfect cross posting topic, with summer the flower fairies are all around you only have to look! :)

Diane ~ said...

i learned so much about fairies brownies & such with all your info! :) This was a fun challenge Lou Anne, thank you! :D

LilliBean Designs said...

Great challenge this week - I love faeries.

I have had some trouble with mr linky - hopefully I haven't uploaded my link 5 times, and will try again tomorrow! (Sorry if I have!!)

Here is my entry http://kirstinmcculloch.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/another-gum-tree-faery-inspiration.html

cheers x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...