Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekly Challenge ~ Wheels


The Wheels on the Bus
(and everywhere else)
The wheel is a simple machine, along with the
lever, pulley, inclined plane, wedge, and screw.
How much harder our lives would be without these machines!

Who invented the wheel is still a mystery,
nor is it known exactly when it was invented.
According to archaeologists, it was probably invented
around 8,000 B.C. in Asia. The oldest wheel known
was discovered in Mesopotamia and probably dates back to 3,500 B.C.

Other than the everyday items that come to mind when you think of
WHEELS
 what about about all the other types of wheels?


Something artists use every day ~ the color wheel.


Happy and colorful ~ the pinwheel

has been incorporated into a quilt pattern

What fun would the fair be without the Ferris wheel!

A big part of the steampunk style ~ gears and wheels


A special type of firework is the Catherine wheel.

Create a wonderful wheel that exists only in your imagination!

Your task this week is to create something using
WHEELS

If your muse is just not feeling the wheels,
CIRCLES
are allowed too!!

Be back here with your creations by Sunday September 9 at noon.
(Guidelines are in the sidebar >>>)
Have fun!

7 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

Here's my submission!

see you there! said...

Oops! One of my links doesn't work and I didn't know how to delete it. Not sure who to contact. Sorry.

Darla

The Shop Around the Corner said...

Hi Magpie, are your challenges open to all bloggers or is this an Inspiration Avenue team challenge only? I have been looking to join a creative blogging team like this forever, but unfortunately I do not have an Etsy. :( I have a little section in our blog titled Papeleria, but the items are all free.
Would you happen to know of another team similar to yours that does not require Etsy membership?

Always fun stopping by.
Much love,
Marcia

MySeptemberMoon (Lisa Campbell) said...

Here's my 'circle' submission. Totally had fun with it! Thanks for the challenge :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is the first time I've really tried using Steampunk, so I hope you like it. Blessings!

Lizbethem said...

Mr. Linky has gone a bit crazy, I think. He put my wheel art under the door art. Here is my link: http://lizbethem.blogspot.com/2012/09/wheels.html

Lizbethem said...

Well, I tried again and it worked! Can you delete the one in the "doors" section? tyxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...