Monday, February 18, 2013

Art Challenge February 18


Which Road?
Many of us are familiar with Robert Frost's poem,
The Road Not Taken,
if not to recite it word for word, then we are
familiar with the idea behind it.

Did you ever reach a point in your life when you 
had to choose between two "roads"?


Which one did you take?

Was it the same decision you would make now?
 
How would things have been different if you'd
chosen the "other" road?
 
 
Maybe it wasn't a clear cut decision, but
a choice was made by not choosing,
and going along the path of least resistance.
 Every situation is unique!


Your challenge this week is to create some art
that illustrates the dilemma of choosing between two paths.

 OR

If you would rather just create a piece of art
that illustrates roads or pathways, that's fine too!


Robert Frost's poem:

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~ Robert Frost





Bumper sticker spotted on Etsy:


Any medium is welcome!
Just have fun, and link your entry here using Mr. Linky
by Sunday, February 24. 

As always, click the images to be taken to the sources.

Have a creative week!

~Maggie

_______________________________________


9 comments:

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Another great challenge. Hurry up and enter folks I want to be blog hopping on my coffee break x Joan

Karen Traversy said...

Fun! Great theme.

Beverley Baird said...

Really enjoyed this theme - I am at a crossroads right now - helped me see it visually.

peggy gatto said...

once again, I love the samples!!

peggy gatto said...

Trying to upload, no success yet!

http://wwwpeggysamusement.blogspot.com/2013/02/inspiration-ave-road-not-taken.html

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the theme this week. Blessings!

Diane said...

Thanks for the "inspiration!" Great ideas and examples. Glad I could play along!

Lou Anne said...

Well Maggie, this was a challenging challenge! I pondered it for the entire week. It's funny how life presents us with countless opportunities to choose a path. I loved the examples you chose to inspire us! Thank you for the challenge this week.

Maalai said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Local Tamil News

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...