Monday, April 22, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge-Talk to the Animals

Happy Monday!  I'm hosting our challenge this week because I've been involved in a very special project with some designers from Pixel Scrapper.  We're creating a digital scrapbooking kit called "Talk to the Animals" and it will benefit 100 farm animals that were rescued recently.   I'll be posting more information on my blog once the kit is released for sale in May.  You can get updates here.
This is a preview of my portion of the kit.
That's what prompted the challenge this week.  I kept singing the "Talk to the Animals" song from Dr. Doolittle in my head while I was working on it.  I know there are lots of other animal lovers out there so I thought it would be fun to create a challenge celebrating that.   I've got a few images to inspire your creativity.

Just in case you're always wondering what your cat is trying to say, I wanted to make a collage to explain.
This collage was made for a 4x4 swap I joined.  The person I made it for loved playful animals.
This is our chicken chum, Henrietta and her lovely chicks.  We met when we were vacationing in Kauai two years ago. 
This California Condor picture was part of a challenge called "One Beautiful Thing."


Whether you create with paint, beads, digital images, paper, photographs, ink, pencil, crayon, fabric, or some other medium I hope you'll join us to create something on the theme of "Talk to the Animals."  As always, you may interpret the challenge in your own unique way.  The main idea is to have fun!

11 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Fun art!!!

http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2013/04/inspiration-avenue-challenge-talk-to.html

Rhonda H said...

Ohh this one looks like an interesting challenge -- something very different for me! Love your cute animal art!

Gina said...

Haven't done anything with animals for ...ooow yes I did lol, just finished one today :D XXX

Gina said...

Did a new one specially for you :D XXX

Lizbethem said...

I'm having problems with Mr. Linky. Will try again later. Meanwhile, my entry is here: http://lizbethem.blogspot.com/2013/04/talk-to-animals.html

poppylocke said...

Thank you for an excellent topic! I love the collages, particularly the second one with the cat quotes :)

Veronica Roth said...

Lol, now I have the Dr Doolittle song in my head! Love the idea of a peaceable kingdom challenge. Think I might take that one in the studio. :)

Jennifer Shelby said...

I do love a good cause <3 great challenge!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Somehow, I missed your prompt this week, until I noticed what it was while visiting Lizbeth's blog. I posted a photograph and journal page on Wednesday that are perfect, so I'm linking up this morning. Blessings!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

By the way, it must be that great minds think alike. LOL!

city said...

thanks for share...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...