Monday, May 13, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Challenge-Sad Girls with Flowers in Their Hair



Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

There comes a time when sadness can reflect much beauty. Spring has Sprung for many of us.   I have chosen the theme of Sad Girls with Flowers in their Hair.

 There are many celebrations that lead the girls to place flowers in their hair; it usually arises from a large transition. They are happy, yet they can be sad for leaving an old part of them behind or because of an unexpected time ahead. 





 For instance when you get married, most women are overjoyed, but there is a soft sadness that is left behind from their childhood years, from the support and love of her parents.


Sad girls with flowers in their hair can arise from a celebration of teenage fertility.  Some cultures practise the coming of age into moontime with a full moon celebration.

She would look fabulous with flowers in her hair. 


This little one may look sad, though the artist says she is waiting for her lover to visit.

I hope you will have fun with this theme. Perhaps you can tempt yourself to try to create one portrait a day for the week of this challenge. Perhaps you already have a drawing or a painting. Any medium is accepted. We would love to see your creativity. We will share your blog with the others.

May you create with much beauty and love.

Kim P

________________________________



14 comments:

Anne Manda said...

Hi! :) I did this couple of weeks ago, but it was so fitting to the theme I entered... hope it's ok - I actually changed it a little bit just yesterday! :)
Looking forward seeing other entries! <3

Lisa Buckridge said...

Hello, I made my Rose twins a few years ago but think they fit this theme perfectly.

Gina said...

Loved this theme thank you for the inspiration :D XXX

IMGIRL said...

Lovely theme!
Have a beautiful day!

Kim P said...

I have peeked in with everyone, the theme seems to be flourishing. I am starting a piece today. I would like to try to get 2 or 3 sad girls for the weekly challenge. Lets just start with one for now. I will post it tonight,

Kim P said...

I am pleased everyone likes the theme.

Kim P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zafaran said...

I did this few days back, then saw your challenge and felt it was just right, though there are no flowers in her air..it is the water of river Ganga that I have used as a veil instead. Hope it is okay.
I like the theme because sadness is as much part of our lives as happiness.

Diane said...

Great inspiration again this week! Thanks! Will be interesting to see what is submitted.

Lou Anne said...

Kim, your theme was really unique and fun. I could make images on that topic hundreds of times and never get bored. Thank you for hosting such a great challenge!

Kim P said...

Thank you Gina,IMGirl,Diane, Lou Anne You are right this theme brings out the best in us. All the works are fantastic. I look forward to the weekend to see all the work, and maybe a 2nd or 3rd piece from the already entrants,Blessings --

Wilme said...

Love these challenges!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I liked the intro, "Ladies and Gentlemen." Blessings!

Ayala Art said...

Well, mine doesn't have hair, but has many flowers and she looks kind of sad :oS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...