Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekly Challenge July 15-Birthdays

Birthdays!  Whether you love them or hate them, we all have one on a regular basis. 

Far Far Hill
I chose this topic because today would have been my mother's 79th birthday.  
I found some old cards she would have loved.
Far Far Hill
She was born on July 15, 1934 in a rural farmhouse in Corning, Iowa.  My grandfather picked a bouquet of pink clover to give to my grandmother.
Source
I always think of her when I see pansies.  But yellow roses were her flower of choice.

Little Birdie Blessings

I found some intriguing mixed media birthday art on the internet that I wanted to share.  I hope these pieces will provide some inspiration.  

 Source

 
 Source


Many people have an age they really love, or one that they fear.  My mom said that turning 60 was no big deal but 70 really threw her for a loop.  I'm only 7 years away from 60 myself so we'll soon see if I have the same experience.
 Source


I love the quote used in this piece.  

Lots of people find ways to celebrate birthdays with a party.  They make people wear funny hats.
The Scrappy Kat
They blow up lots of balloons.
Su Hall
They even make loud noises.
Raspberry Road Designs

 Many people love going to parties, even when the guest of honor is a stranger.



My favorite thing about birthdays is cake.  I love the white sheet cakes with the custard filling.  My husband loves angel food cake.  My mother hated angel food because that's what she had for every birthday as a kid.   I think any kind of cake is appropriate for any occasion.  This one has zero calories. 

Far Far Hill
Well, I must confess something here.  I love presents too.  I love to give presents and I love to receive presents.  I especially love it when a gift is wrapped in a really pretty package.   I wouldn't even care what was inside if I received this as a present.  Isn't it wonderful?
Made by Aneczkaw

So, what is there about birthdays that inspires you to create?    In order to participate in this challenge, your artwork needs to be linked up by noon next Sunday, July 21 EST.  The sky is the limit here!  
Just for today, I'd like to end with one more little birthday card for my mom.   I'm going to celebrate in some way today and I would love to have you do the same.  After all, it is Norma's birthday.
Old Design Shop


_______________________________________




4 comments:

Linda said...

what a delightful selection of celebratory things! I especially love the vintage cards and the mixed media projects.And happy birthday to Norma!

Attic Clutter said...

lovely post..(:)
60.. been there done that
hehe
70 oh my
that will be something else(:)
hugs..

peggy gatto said...

what fun inspiration here!!!
Happy birthday to all!!!!!!

Lou Anne said...

Thank you to everyone who participated in this challenge, and to all the people who visited us this week. Happy birthday, whenever yours is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...