Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekly Challenge July 22-Show and Tell

Hi everyone!  Not too long ago, we provided a challenge I called "Show and Tell."  It was based on the show and tell events some of us had as kids.   When I taught elementary school, I  always enjoyed allowing the kids to share their treasures.  It was such a big deal to them!  Some kids brought toys.
Source-Google Search
Others shared their beloved pets.


Source-Far Far Hill
They often brought a favorite book, then asked me to read it aloud.  

Antique Images
Show and Tell time was always fun and kids could hardly wait for their turn!  
Source-Antique Images


When we hosted a Show and Tell challenge, our followers reacted in a very enthusiastic way.  People shared old work, new work, or just something they loved and wanted to share.  You can see the previous challenge here.

This week, we're inviting you to share a piece of art that you created.  It can be any medium.  The "Show" part is when you link the picture to our blog.  The "Tell" part of the challenge will occur when you leave a comment after linking up.  I can hardly wait to visit everyone's blog to see what you've decided to share.
Mixed Media Self Portrait

Be sure to link up no later than 12:00 noon on July 28, 2013.  But most importantly, this challenge invites you to have fun!  If you're not sure what to share, let your inner child grab hold of some art materials and create away.  You might surprise yourself.



Art Materials from Cajoline and Granny Art Fairy
Source-Wackystuff Flickr Photostream

The whole class is counting on you!


11 comments:

Ginx Craft said...

Can knitting count as art? I do hope you agree with me that it can. My little doll is a one off creation, designed and made by me. I can just imagine any little girl wanting to take her in to school for show and tell. I am working on some other tiny icons.

Jez said...

What a good theme this week!
I always enjoy showing how I went through the process of creating a piece of art or craft ..... just as long as I remember to take photos as I go along. I nearly forget with this one, and just remembered in time after I started adding colour.
Thanks for a good theme.

Teri said...

I made this drawing a while back for a challenge and it is one of my favorite things I've done.

Beansieleigh said...

I just did a painting that I'd like to share! My art journal page was fun to paint, but was also very much a self-examining, spiritual piece in its way... Thanks to Inspiration Ave. for hosting this challenge! ~tina

peggy gatto said...

I loved show and tell!!!

Karla B aka Lady Skyclad said...

I always like the themes here. They are always inspiring.It is a privilege to take part in the challenges.

Ritu Dua said...

It has been quite a while since I linked my work here...and its a pleasure to be back and be a part of such an inspiring blog !

Craftymoose Crafts said...

It is fun to see so much diversity! Great challenge!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's been a long time since I've joined one of these challenges. Mostly it was due to the fact I somehow got a virus on my computer that affected my ability to see links, even ones I created on my own blog. I was also unable to leave comments to anyone who had embedded comments.

Since that virus is now fixed, I decided to see how much IA has changed since I last participated. I'm hoping this post will qualify, since I truly believe this is as much an art form as a mixed media piece I might contribute.

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I really have enjoyed visiting everyone's blog and looking at the variety of entries for this challenge. I'm glad it inspired people to share what they're proud of. I am sharing a recent digital collage.

artbyritva said...

Hi Hope to share my Pink art... the ttool won't accept my pjot, but it does take you the correct page. Thanks for the chance to share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...