Monday, July 8, 2013

Weekly Challenge July 8 ~ Words


A Way with Words

Our challenge this week is to use words in a piece of art.


Printed words, handwritten words, typed words.
Words from books, newspapers, magazines.
Cut-out words, hand-lettered words, stamped words.
Any kind of words!


Here are some pieces that have incorporated words in the design.


Words add an extra bit of dimension to the layers 
on a page, especially in mixed media work.
The words can be relatively meaningless and just add some texture,
or be more relevant to the piece as in this dictionary page which
includes the words "alarm clock".


Have fun with a bit of mixed media or collage!


We’ll LOVE to see what you come up with this week using
printed pages or just words that are especially dear to your heart!


As always, link up below with Mr. Linky by Sunday July 14.
Link back to Inspiration Avenue in your blog post.
Then, show some love and leave a kind word 
at the blogs of the participating artists!
(We'd be so happy if you'd leave a comment here too)

Most of all, have fun and get creative!
______________________________





7 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Maggie! I enjoyed participating this week, and thank you for hosting! Hope you're keeping cool and are enjoying the summer season! ~tina

Kat W said...

Its been ages since I've joined in with the IA challenge & once again, Maggie you've enticed me back with one of your themes :-) I thought this went well with the Book Tree I just created for Gemma for our MJJ swap!

I'm already having fun visiting blogs to see people's interpretation of the theme.

Kat Xx

Lou Anne said...

Hi Maggie,
Not only did I love the challenge, I also loved all of your intriguing examples. Thank you!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love art journaling! Thanks for the marvelous examples and the opportunity to share. Blessings!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is one of my favorite challenges--thanks so much! Beautiful examples and awesome art from everyone so far!

Linda said...

better late than never...great challenge and I love the projects you chose to show!!

Deborah Weber said...

What wonderful pieces! I'm so delighted to have found you and the challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...