Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekly Art Challenge-Gratitude Show and Tell


This week is a busy week for Americans.  On Thursday we celebrate our Thanksgiving holiday.  It's a day when we pay homage to the Pilgrims, who came here to escape religious persecution.   It was a difficult time for those early settlers and Native Americans helped keep them from starving during their first winter.  

 

The holiday is a time of feasting, visiting with family and friends, and thinking about all that we are grateful for.  (That's the very short, non-political version.)  

Old Design Shop
So, since many of us are going to be busy cooking and eating turkey and all of the delicious foods that helps us celebrate we decided to have a Show and Tell challenge on the subject of Gratitude.  Feel free to share whatever piece of your original artwork that you choose.  It's an opportunity to show off something that you made, simply because you want to.  I know I'm grateful for all of you who participate in our challenges by sharing your work.  Be sure to link up by Sunday, December 1 at noon EST.  Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 



_______________________________________







6 comments:

Linda said...

Love those vintage cards Lou Anne. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving!

peggy gatto said...

I am posting a very old piece I made when I started groups and blogging 9 years ago. I am thankful for friends thru art and blogging, they understand!!!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I think that Show and Tell is one of my favorite challenges. It gives us the opportunity to share something "just because." My piece celebrates my feelings about the fall season.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day!

Rachael Farmer said...

I've really enjoyed this challenge - a perfect opportunity to record a special day. So happy to take part in this Show & Tell with such gifted artists posting on this site- thank you for the opportunity! Hugs - Shroo:)xxx

Maggie said...

This is always a fun theme, Lou Anne!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...