Monday, December 23, 2013

Expressing "Joy to the World"

We are hosting a two week Challenge 
December 23 through January 5!

The 2-week theme is “Joy to the World

All of us here at Inspiration Avenue would love to see your expression of Joy through your art!
Please share with us a favorite joyful piece of art 
that you've created in 2013.

Here are some of ours..


Shelly 
here are my  favorites of 2013
One of my favorite Selfie's was a good hair day and my parent's dog


One of my favorite faces from the 29 faces challenge in September
We have lot of Dahlia Gardens where we live so here is one of my favorites
Another face for the Breast Cancer week
This is layers a chalk, page from dutch book, my art cut out and clued on and then graphic put on




Lou Anne

 "Passion" represents my joy in combining beautiful things to make digital collages.
Without passion, we wouldn't have art.
 "No Rain, No Rainbows" is a reflection of the joy I often feel when creating.  The images that don't work well are the rain, 
while the successes are the rainbows.


Maggie
One of my greatest joys this year was participating in
a journal swap. I created my journal with these first few pages 
and then sent it on its journey for eight other artists 
to work their magic on the blank pages!
(It's now back home with me after journeying 
around the U.S. and across the ocean to the U.K. 
I get so much joy out of looking at it page by page!)
Some of the phrases I added to the cover 
speak to me of finding joy:
  • embrace the winds of change
  • there is always another wave coming
  • stop living in a world that's based on rules
  • choose a life made up of experiences, not possessions
  • find a passion that lights up your eyes
  • take the scenic route through life!


Nancy

I shared joy in 2013 by painting a triptych (3 panels each 24" x 36") for our church sanctuary display.
It was inspirational, and a real challenge.  Each canvas panel was painted in acrylics, with accompanying scriptures.  The triptych is explained fully here.








________________________________________________



11 comments:

Skinospot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skinospot said...

It is the first time I participate in one of your challenge.I am very glad you invited me on FB because I didn't know your website before.It is full of beautiful inspired creations, I will come back :)

WomanHonorThyself said...

lovely!!!

Konok Kausik said...

Such a poignant post and a beautiful photo to accompany it.

Clipping Path

Jez said...

All the example paintings are a wonderful feast of artistic talent. Rather than look back, I have created a New Year wish for you all. I have enjoyed Inspiration Avenue so much this year, thank you, and hope I shall be able to take part more regularly in 2014. Happy New Year.

Maggie said...

Happy New Year to all of our new and old friends! Thank you for making 2013 so inspiring!

Wishing you a joyful 2014!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I posted my "Joy to the World" digital collage a few days ago and forgot to link up. Happy New Year to all of the wonderful and talented artists who have shared their art with us! I'm looking forward to 2014 and sharing inspiration with all of you.

peggy gatto said...

wishing you a merry new year!!
I love the inspiration here, thank you!

Catharine said...

All the very best of 2014 may inspiration strike us all!!! :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Have a Joyous New Year!

Rachael Farmer said...

I've struggled with this one... in the end, the most joyous piece of art for me this year is one made by my mum. This makes me smile, and in looking at it, I see how I have inherited aspects of her artistic style, so without her influence I wouldn't be making art at all. I hope that's acceptable criteria for submitting this piece, and this post. Thank you squillions for the opportunity - Shroo:)xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...