Monday, December 16, 2013

Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge-Christmas

Happy Monday everyone!  This week our challenge focuses on Christmas.  Whether or not you celebrate the holiday, it's hard to go anywhere these days without being surrounded by the holiday season. Whether it's the grocery store, the dentist, or the veterinarian, I see Christmas decorations everywhere I go.  I've had fun finding retro pictures that remind me of childhood.


People are shopping, sometimes frantically, looking for a gift for that special someone.

Source
Everyone is playing Christmas music, and some started before Halloween!
Paula Kesselring Cold Winter's Night Kit
If you're lucky enough to live in a cold climate, you might have enjoyed some outdoor ice-skating.

Source:  Morguefiles Public Domain Image

Maybe you've helped to build a fabulous snowman.
 Source
I've been watching the different kinds of birds my yard attracts in the winter.
Far Far Hill
 Has anyone caught you under the mistletoe?

 Source
We're getting our Christmas tree set up to enjoy.

Source
Kids are impatiently waiting for the time that Santa will arrive.
Far Far Hill
This week, we're asking you to share a piece of your artwork that fits the topic of Christmas.
I made a special set of free cards that you can download and print.
You can get them here.

Here's a digital page I made to help inspire you.  Credits are on my blog here.

As always, please link up by noon on Sunday, December 22 and leave a comment.  All of us at Inspiration Avenue wish you a happy holiday!

____________________________________

4 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I always love seeing the samples you post!!!

Linda said...

Love the retro art you chose and your digital art is so festive and fun!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I linked up my most recent Christmas art journal page. It sort of evolved as I created it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...