Monday, December 2, 2013

Mandala Challenge ~ December 2



 The challenge theme this week is 
Mandalas



While looking at information about mandalas, I discovered how 
complex and varied their meanings and purpose can be.
Here is a simple description I liked:



I love this mandala done with oil paint and loose brush strokes


. . . as well as this more complex one with zentangle designs added.




These beautiful ceremonial Buddhist sand mandalas are destroyed
after the ceremony is over to signify that beauty is fleeting
and all material life is transitory. [source]



This was created from a photo of a Tiffany lamp.



Another simple yet beautiful watercolor.


 
Your challenge is to create a mandala in some form.

In this busy season, creating a mandala can bring us some
relaxation and respite from all the holiday chaos!

Because you're busy, below are some 
free mandala designs
to start from. Could be as simple as coloring the designs,
or you could make them more complex by adding some 
doodling or changing the designs.

Or create your own mandala, anything goes!
The aim is to have fun!







Please visit the websites shown under 
the free mandalas to support their generosity! 

Also, there is a link under each of the colorful mandalas
(they are for sale in each artist's shop)

I hope you can find time this week to join the mandala challenge.
I can't wait to see your creations!

~ Maggie

____________________________________



4 comments:

Niina Niskanen said...

I love painting mandalas. I'll definitely enter.

Kat W said...

Oh my goodness Maggie - how did I miss out on this challenge? Gutted! Beautiful inspiration though.
Kat Xx

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I ran out of time this week so didn't get a chance to make a mandala. Your examples, especially the first one, are gorgeous!

Rachael Farmer said...

SO little time for ANYthing but Christmas gifts at the moment! Fortunately - I have LOOOONG conversations with mum in the evenings so my mandala is a phone doodle. It's not awesome, but I did want to take part! Hope everyone's coping with the Christmas rush - big hugs, Shroo:)x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...