Monday, January 27, 2014

“Hearts and Flowers” Weekly Challenge


Link

It's almost February! 
Perhaps I'm rushing the week a bit, 
but I'm in the mood for some 
Hearts and Flowers

Link

Here in the north, we've had the coldest winter in decades.
I won't be sorry to say goodbye to January this year!
When the calendar was set up, “they” must have known we'd be
ready for a short month and longing for Spring.
February is full of warm and fuzzy holidays.
Link
Of course you know about Valentine's Day (February 14).
And most of us have heard of Phil the groundhog 
who predicts the coming of Spring (February 2).

But did you know February 11 is Make a Friend Day?
The 15th is National Gumdrop Day 
and the 20th is Cherry Pie Day. :-D Yum!

And don't forget Love Your Pet Day also on February 20.

Are you in the mood for romance when February rolls around?
Or maybe just a bit of fun and games...
These circus clown cutouts would be perfect to decorate your party table.
Link

What sort of flowery art can you create for this week's challenge?

Link
Bleeding hearts are some of the first flowers to bloom in the Spring.
They will be popping up in a few short months.


I hope you'll be inspired by some of these examples.

Link

Let's see your Reds, Pinks, Flowers, and Hearts!
(Frills and Swirls are optional but most welcome.)

Link

I fell in love with the lampwork beads in this bracelet above
and the necklace below. They look good enough to eat!

Link

Leave a link to your Hearts and Flowers here by February 2 at noon (est).
Link back to Inspiration Avenue in your blog post,
and whether you enter the challenge or not we hope you'll visit
each blog and leave some love!

Thanks for playing! Happy February!

~ Maggie

_______________________________________



6 comments:

peggy gatto said...

I love the inspiration samples, really fun!

Deann said...

Great challenge but Mr Linky doesn't love me today he won't take my picture.

Linda said...

gotta love hearts and flowers-and esp. Valentine's Day when my son was born :) Great images!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Great minds think alike - LOL! I just posted a Steampunk tag with cards on my blog last Saturday. Blessings!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

I'm so late on this but I had to share for Maggie's wonderful Valentine challenge. I love the samples Maggie!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Yeah! I got to post a piece before your deadline. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...