Monday, May 12, 2014

Creativity and Cats

Happy Monday everyone!  Lately I've been busy with helping rescue dogs and cats from overcrowded shelters.  It's been a tiring but awesome three weeks.  If you're interested you can check out my special Facebook page here.  During that time I managed to help rescue quite a few cats and only adopted one myself.  Well, that doesn't count the two kittens I'm fostering and feeding with a baby bottle.  That's why this week's challenge is about Cats.
It's amazing how many cats there are in art. 
Some of the great masters painted cats.
The Impressionists found cats to be interesting models.


Cats have appeared in many works of art.

Not all of the artwork was serious.  I love seeing art with a sense of humor.

This collaboration took 28 attempts before the final shot.  Anyone who knows cats will know that there were some grumpy cats in the studio at the end of this day.


Inspiration Avenue's Maggie painted this beautiful mixed media  piece.  
You can see it for sale in her Etsy shop.

I simply couldn't resist wandering around on Etsy because I know that we all need lots of varied inspiration.  Some of you are painters and others make assemblages, art dolls, or sculptures.  There are those of us who take photographic images and rework them digitally and there are doodlers who make magic with their pens and pencils.    Here are a few more samples to get you started.


Art Flower Cat
 Bengal Cat Art Poster


Now I've got to go give the kittens another bottle but I hope you'll all be inspired to create something about cats.  Directions for participating are on the sidebar.  Just be sure you post by 12:00 noon EST on Sunday, May18.  I hope you all have fun with this one.  I know I will. 
~Lou Anne aka Misplaced Mermaid~
 
____________________________________________

4 comments:

Ron said...

Thanks for your visit, Lou Anne. Who'd have thought here were so many works of art with cats in them. Excellent collection of pictures.

Diane said...

What a fun theme! So many possibilities! Thank you

Niina Niskanen said...

I just wanted to say I absolutely LOVE this weeks theme!!

Lou Anne Hazel said...

This theme came directly from my heart! Thank you to all who participated. So sorry to be late in my responses. I've been recovering from a nasty cold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...