Monday, June 9, 2014

Inspiration Avenue Weekly Challenge-Juicy!

This week my town had its annual Cherry Festival.  I love cherries, but the festival is too crowded for me.  I decided to wait until cherries are on sale at the grocery store and then I'll eat my fill.  (This week they were $6.99 for a pound and that's more expensive than a steak dinner!)

I am part of a design team for a digital art journal and scrapbook designer and her kit featured colorful fruits.  There is something beautiful about juicy fruit!  I think I like fruit better than candy.  I cut open a watermelon that I'd purchased and it was crisp, delicious, and full of juice.  Do you wonder where I'm going with this?  Well, I'm a little bit hungry and a fruit salad would be delicious right now.
Source
But I'm too disciplined to run away from my computer to make a snack.  So, on with the challenge.  I created a layout using the fruit-filled kit and decided to do something I don't think I've done before.  I chose a single word for the challenge.   
JUICY
Since I had fruit on the mind, my idea of juicy goes with fruit.  But there are so many more ways to describe the word juicy.  Here is the definition:

juicy    ˈjoōsē
adjective ( juicier, juiciest )
(of food) full of juice; succulent : a juicy apple | a juicy steak.
• informal interestingly scandalous : juicy gossip.
• informal temptingly appealing : the promise of juicy returns.


 
"And do you know that Evelyn doesn't even NEED to wear a bustle?  Her bottom is so big it's a fashion statement in itself!"


We can only imagine the juicy gossip coming from these ladies!




 Fruit is a colorful object that represents the word juicy for me.   I'll probably work with fruit in some way for this challenge.  But you don't have to take this literally!  Create an image that you feel captures the essence of juiciness!  Perhaps it's a juicy color, or a sloppy,  juicy type of media that intrigues you.    It might be a tantalizing tidbit of juicy gossip that asks to be illustrated.  The one think I am always certain of when I host a challenge is that everyone will put their own spin on things.  That's what I love about Inspiration Avenue.  People transfer their uniqueness into art.

The details for posting are in the sidebar.  Be sure to link up no later than Sunday, June 15 at 12:00 noon EST.  I'm looking forward to seeing what juicy means to you!  Have a great week.
Lou Anne

____________________________________________






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...