Monday, June 23, 2014

Weekly Challenge-Show and Tell

Happy Monday everyone!  
This week we're inviting you to share something you just want to show off.  That's the only criteria.
As an example, I'm going to share a group of images I've made on the theme of Mermaids.

This one I made one day just for fun.  I was intrigued with the idea of putting mermaids together with interesting components.

 This was made for a Teapot challenge here at I. A.


I created this mermaid for a folk art challenge.

Here is a glimpse into the lives of freshwater mermaids.


My Digitalmania group invited us to create something inspired by John Waterhouse so I made this using three of Waterhouse's paintings. 

The cat mermaids were pure whimsy!

My mermaid garden is one of my favorite mermaid images.

This was mermaid mail I made for a special challenge about mail art.  

The Digitalmania challenges always invite us to work in the style of a specific artist.


This was an entry from an art journal about a mermaid. 

 This was a shadow box piece I made for a friend who loves mermaids.


Most of these mermaids have appeared on my blog so you'll find the original posts and credits here.

If you want to share a group of images like I did, feel free to do so.  If you'd like to share a single image you're proud of, be my guest.  That's what Show and Tell is all about.  You show whatever you want and tell us why you chose it.  Just be sure to like up by Sunday June 29 at noon EST.

Have a great week!
Lou Anne  (The Misplaced Mermaid)

________________________________________

 


2 comments:

Diane said...

Your shadow box is amazing!

Leovi said...

Great creations with beautiful colors, a pleasure to see these beautiful mermaids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...