Monday, August 11, 2014

August Art Challenge (11th -17th) is MOONLIGHT

                           
August has arrived and brought us the super moon. Yesterday I was lucky enough to see glimpses of the super moon (sky was a bit cloudy).

Picture taken by me

Terminology

The name SuperMoon was coined by astrologers Richard Nolle in 1979, arbitrarily defined a:
...a new or full moon which occurs with the Moon at or near (within 90% of) its closest approach to Earth in a given orbit (perigee). In short, Earth, Moon and Sun are all in a line, with Moon in its nearest approach to Earth.[9]
 According to NASA, a full moon at perigee is up to 14% larger and 30% brighter than one at its farthest point, or apogee.[8]

source Wikipedia

                            At one point moon was so close I almost could have touched it


Moon has many colors
Red moon is also known as blood moon



Blue moon is said to be the most magical


Moon is often connected to femininity. No wonder that mermaids love to sit and sing under the moonlight 



Fairy watching autumn moon




What kind of moon is the right moon for you?

Mixed Media moon



Moon that can give you a ride in the night sky



Moon that makes you meeow


Magic moon and moon reflections




Moon of the fox



Anybody home?



Moon phases

New moon
Crescent moon
Waxing moon
Full moon
Waning moon (also known as dying moon)

Send your wishes to the moon




How nice it would be to go sailing with a moonlight boat


Peacefully in the night

Moon truly is an endless source of inspiration.





Here is one of my favorite "Moon songs" very fitting for the super moon.

the 69 eyes - "August moon"



So pick up your favorite mediums and create some Moonlight art. I cant' wait to see what you 
come up with this theme

Love and light
Niina

___________________________________________












3 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a delightful post! My favorite moon is the next one I get to see.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What a delightful post! My favorite moon is the next one I get to see.

Lou Anne Hazel said...

Niina, this is a great challenge. I loved your examples, especially the one with the mermaid. It caused me to think about an image I made over a year ago. I had fun revisiting it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...