Monday, September 1, 2014

Weekly Art Challenge September 1 ~ Summer's Bounty


Summer’s Bounty

Summer is drawing to a close! 
If you live in the northern hemisphere, how was your summer? 
(Those Down Under are fortunate enough to
be looking forward to next summer's arrival!)

Today (Monday) is Labor Day in the US, and Labour Day in Canada. 
Labor/Labour Day in other parts of the world is often celebrated on May 1. 
In the US and Canada it is celebrated on the first Monday in September. 
It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made 
to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country. (Wikipedia)
Have a fun and safe holiday!

But back to summer's bounty. . .
This week you can show off the fruits of your labors over the summer.
Whether actual fruits, veggies, flowers from the garden,
or any other endeavor and its results that you have engaged in this summer.
Or maybe you've just driven by a field or meadow brimming
with the bounty of summer. Take a photo and share with us!
Have you accomplished a creative project that's come to fruition at summer's end?
Maybe you have a veggie garden brimming with tomatoes and peppers.
Do you have flowers to show off? A herb garden?
What have you dried, canned, jarred, frozen or cooked with any of the above?
What other creative projects have you worked on this summer?

Somehow I have a bumper crop of eggplant and it seems like I eat it every day just to keep it from taking over my garden, kitchen and fridge! Eggplant is one of those veggies that you either love or hate, so it's not as easy to give away as tomatoes. Luckily I have a neighbor who also loves it, but I'm still overrun with it.
 I think eggplants are awesome to look at as well as to eat.


 [source]

Cucumbers just waiting to become a jar of dill pickles.



[source]


We'd love to see a photo, drawing, painting, or any other creative way
 to show Summer's Bounty. It can be your bounty or
something you've seen that caught your eye.


[source]


[source]

Have you been impressed by the luscious
display of produce at the Farmer's Market?
Click the link above for the recipe for this ceviche.


[source]

Link back here by Sunday, September 7 to show us your
Summer's Bounty. We only have a few more weeks to celebrate summer's bounty before Autumn is upon us. Have fun!

~ Maggie

______________________________________________________



5 comments:

Lou Anne Hazel said...

Well Maggie, when I saw this post I knew it was a challenge created by you. I love the theme! I hope I can get busy and share a piece for it.

~Rasz~ said...

Beautiful post. I love eggplant...mmm...so yummy. I haven't really thought about doing art by seasons, what a great idea! We've been having a weird summer up here in Northern California. The paintings and pictures you posted definitely make me thing of summer. Thank you for sharing the beauty. Hugs, Rasz

Linda Kunsman said...

aaaah , summer's bounty...still enjoying the fruits of summer here in NE PA-lovely post and theme!

3rseduc / handsinthesoil said...

Im hoping to be posting more often ☺

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

My girls are the fruit of my labors of many summers, as I send them off to college. My youngest is starting her college work and my oldest is working on her last year of her undergraduate work. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...