Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekly Challenge-Favorite Artist



This week's challenge is to create something in the style of your favorite artist.  I must admit that I have been out of operation due to the flu for several days so I am going to share some of my favorite artist's pieces without a lot of text.


Henri Matisse was a French artist.  He was born December 31, 1869 and died November 3, 1954.  For information on this artist click here.

Flowers in a Pitcher, 1906

Two Figures Reclining in a Landscape, 1921


Purple Robe and Anenomes, 1937

Two Girls in a Yellow and Red Interior, 1947

I've shared some of Matisse's paintings that I've never seen before.  As you can see, he was a master of color.   My favorite work of his was done later in his life.  I purposely didn't share any of those pieces because I will be sharing it in my own blog post.  (Hint:  It's his cutouts)

So have a wonderful and creative week discovering Henri Matisse.  Perhaps you'll use a little more color than usual, or make something more abstract than you normally do.  Whatever the inspiration, please be sure to come back and share it.  The information is on the sidebar.
Lou Anne, aka Misplaced Mermaid

_________________________________________





2 comments:

Linda Kunsman said...

You chose some fab paintings to share- love all the colors! I however, chose a newer artist rather than one of the old masters:) Feel better soon Lou Anne!

Kat W said...

I've also had a fluey virus that has knocked me for a couple of weeks - tis the season I guess - hope you're feeling much better by the time I write this Lou Anne!

As luck would have it I have just been studying & painting in the style of Henri Matisse (or trying to & mostly failing) for a journal swap. So I thought as all the participants met through IA it was a good time to join in & catch up on the wonderful artists that do IA.

Kat :-)x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...